Current Jewel Q's...

nunuc2000

Hi there cruisers... we (hubby, sister, her hubby and their teen son, and me) are cruising on the Jewel next month, and I was hoping You might be able to provide a little info for me in advance if possible?

1.  What kinds of activities are there for our nephew to enjoy? Is the teen club well run on this ship?

2. Same nephew is wondering about availability of pizza in the evenings? (He's a bottomless pit of a stomach disguised as a human in sneakers these days!! LOL)

3. Us grownups LOVE to dance to live music, preferably 80's, disco, classic rock, etc. - are the current music offerings for live music pretty decent?

4. What theme nights are happening on the ship these days that we might want to pack special clothing for?

5. And particularly for the ladies... my sister is time crunched leading up to our trip and will need to shop for sun dresses/evening smart casual dresses the day before we cruise after arriving in Port Canaveral - can anyone recommend a great mall not too far from the port where we might be able to shop for clothing for her? 

Thanks for any info you can provide... Happy Cruising to you all!! 🙂 

1 hour ago, nunuc2000 said:

3. Us grownups LOVE to dance to live music, preferably 80's, disco, classic rock, etc. - are the current music offerings for live music pretty decent?

4. What theme nights are happening on the ship these days that we might want to pack special clothing for?

Look at the current sailing in the app for such activities.

Jewel doesn’t have a Sorrento’s but your nephew should be able to find pizza in the Windjammer until 9pm and in the Solarium after 9pm.

Theme nights at the moment seem to be 50s/60s, 70s and Latin. Being a smaller ship, Jewel tends to attract an older crowd than the Quantum & Oasis classes and the entertainment is targeted accordingly.

Live dance music consists of the party band in the Centrum and the Latin band in the Safari Club. There’s also the usual pianist/singer in the Schooner Bar and a nightclub in the Vortex.

Edited by gumshoe958

Solarium Cafe might have pizza.  Seem to remember picking up a couple of slices there in the afternoon and evening.  Opeh 11:30-6 & 9 pm to 1 am.  Will that be enough for the young man?  Took the time from our April and May cruises.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Solarium Cafe might have pizza.  Seem to remember picking up a couple of slices there in the afternoon and evening.  Opeh 11:30-6 & 9 pm to 1 am.  Will that be enough for the young man?  Took the time from our April and May cruises.

Yup, that will be perfect - His parents will definitely not let him be out of the cabin beyond the teen club hours/events, which I assume should be concluded each evening before midnight 🙂  Thanks for the info... he'll be VERY happy to know he can gorge himself on pizza almost all of his waking hours lol!

21 minutes ago, nunuc2000 said:

Yup, that will be perfect - His parents will definitely not let him be out of the cabin beyond the teen club hours/events, which I assume should be concluded each evening before midnight 🙂  Thanks for the info... he'll be VERY happy to know he can gorge himself on pizza almost all of his waking hours lol!

It's amazing how small things can make someone happy.