Black Friday discount question

goblynn

We’ve already booked a 2BR suite for next August. I know there’s a possibility of fare discounts the week around Thanksgiving, but the room type we have is sold out already. Is there any way to get an adjustment if RC advertises percentages/dollars off that would have been lower?

If you have a significant price difference that covers any change fee with a non-refundable deposit, then ask for the repricing. 

If you have a refundable deposit, then ask for the repricing.

Then, if there's an issue about getting the same cabin, AND you are a Crown and Anchor member, ask the RCCL rep to transfer the call to Loyalty Resolutions.

If you are NOT a C&A member, your agent asks to be transferred to Resolutions.

The point is if it gets too be too much work or trouble, they will send it to one of the Resolutions Departments. Those people can / might be more helpful.

(I should have put this in a decision flow chart, but I'm too lazy to make one)

Edited by pcur
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There are no change fees for repricing a non refundable deposit booking.  

I got charged, and then they reversed the charge. Just explaining the possibility it may happen.  The agent to OP got didn't even think the C&A number could be entered.

You never know what you're going to get, as Forrest Gump said.........

Just now, pcur said:

I got charged, and then they reversed the charge. Just explaining the possibility it may happen.  The agent to OP got didn't even think the C&A number could be entered.

Ive literally done hundreds for clients and never had a fee. 

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Ive literally done hundreds for clients and never had a fee. 

I am not trying to argue the point with you.  However, you are coming from the point of view of an experienced travel agent who KNOWS how it SHOULD be.  I'm coming from the point of view of my experience, which was different.  

The intent of this board, also from my point of view, is to help other people, not correct other people.  I'm informed now, and I NOW know to challenge the charge in the future. But, what happened, happened, and the messenger should not be killed, so to speak.

We both know that RCCL reps are working from scripts that don't cover all the variations.  So, now the OP knows how it SHOULD be, as well as how it COULD be.  

I'm perfectly happy to absorb new information, and thank you for the clarification.

Edited by pcur
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, pcur said:

Like @Ourusualbeachsaid there's definitely no charge for getting price drops for nonrefundable bookings 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

I like your new haircut. 

Weird....I just got a haircut today.....in CA.....🙂

This IS what I look like, too.  One of the members of this board is my buddy here in CA, and she mentioned to me that my avatar on CC actually looks like me.  People who text with me, then meet me in person, get this puzzled look on their face:  like my phone memoji came to life!!

Edited by pcur
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, goblynn said:

Good morning, and thank you to everyone that responded. I took a chance, called and saved $140! That's money towards excursions, so I'm happy. Good luck to everyone else checking rates!

Yay!!  

If you're flying Southwest, don't forget to constantly check your air cost, too.  I have received countless credits and point refunds from them.  Never a change fee.

• Like 2

On 11/18/2022 at 11:17 AM, pcur said:

Yay!!  

If you're flying Southwest, don't forget to constantly check your air cost, too.  I have received countless credits and point refunds from them.  Never a change fee.

I have saved SO MUCH money on NYC and Disney trips....I even got a 25% off sale a few months ago and every time I reprice, it still keeps the 25% off!