Quick Vent, but praise at same time.

Bestvalue82

Loyal NCL 15+ cruises.

Currently annoyed by their more insane marketing then normal. Free Free FREE FREEE everything is FREEE 2nd guest, your mother, your dog your goldifsh airfare free, Freeeeeeeee.   O but its actually 2x higher then at anytime precovid AFTER you click to the "summary screen"  the clickbait rates on sites have to stop so annoying "$699" balcony  O well thats PP not for 1st and 2nd guest (family of four)..... sorry.   OK /rant off.

Anyway

just got back from a NCL getaway cruise, first once since covid. Just as we left off, NCL are the hardest working people / most professional workers i ever seen, pre covid and now post. I enjoy going on ships just to see them in action. And idc if they talk bad behind our backs all i see if is face to face smiles and helpful attitudes. 

Cheers all! 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Bestvalue82 said:

Loyal NCL 15+ cruises.

Currently annoyed by their more insane marketing then normal. Free Free FREE FREEE everything is FREEE 2nd guest, your mother, your dog your goldifsh airfare free, Freeeeeeeee.   O but its actually 2x higher then at anytime precovid AFTER you click to the "summary screen"  the clickbait rates on sites have to stop so annoying "$699" balcony  O well thats PP not for 1st and 2nd guest (family of four)..... sorry.   OK /rant off.

Anyway

just got back from a NCL getaway cruise, first once since covid. Just as we left off, NCL are the hardest working people / most professional workers i ever seen, pre covid and now post. I enjoy going on ships just to see them in action. And idc if they talk bad behind our backs all i see if is face to face smiles and helpful attitudes. 

Cheers all! 

Thank you for the vent and praise. It’s nice to know that even with frustrating moments you still find satisfaction in the experience. I can’t wait to finally go and report back. 

• Like 2

First, forget the periodic marketing word salad: it means nothing.  The only thing that matters is if your baseline cost for a given cruise date and cabin changes.

Second, completely agree that the overall effort, professionalism and attitude of the crew members was and continues to be terrific.  The attention and level of service we received on a recent cruise was outstanding, across the board (and we tipped accordingly).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NCL crew members consistently offer superior service than other direct competitors. 

Currently it is supply and demand. If people are willing to pay higher fares for cruises, then that's where any cruise line, not just NCL, will set their price point. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Bestvalue82 said:

Loyal NCL 15+ cruises.

Anyway

Cheers all! 

I agree on all points!

I recently booked a friend on a cruise. She was none too happy when I explained the realities of the "Free at Sea" package. She still chose the cruise, but I could tell there was some seething anger behind her words. Thankfully directed at Frankie boy, not me! 

The Getaway crew is amazing! I love them all...of course that's the only ship I've sailed on. I bet I'll say the same thing about the Joy cruise when I'm on there in March. 

Happy sailing! 

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

I agree on all points!

I recently booked a friend on a cruise. She was none too happy when I explained the realities of the "Free at Sea" package. She still chose the cruise, but I could tell there was some seething anger behind her words. Thankfully directed at Frankie boy, not me! 

The Getaway crew is amazing! I love them all...of course that's the only ship I've sailed on. I bet I'll say the same thing about the Joy cruise when I'm on there in March. 

Happy sailing! 

I know I am probably going to get flamed for this but I don't get the anger people have.  I know its not "free" but its not like NCL is charging the fees after the fact.  Its in the final price of the cruise that you see and it opts you in to the drink and dining package so you are not seeing one price and then seeing another after you decide to add the package.  The people that get angry are pretty much saying if NCL raised their fares by the gratuities and called it included, they would be fine with it but having it broken out makes NCL the bad guy.  

Personally, I comparison shop and take the final cruise total I see and compare against other lines before booking.  If NCL is a good deal then great.  If not, I will sail another line.  If the price is close or under the other line and I am would have to buy the drink package and specialty dinners on the other line, even better.  

Edited by Liljo22
  • Like 2

There's what you want.

There's what you pay. 

There's what you get. 

As long as the "get" is equal to or higher than the "pay", ignore the marketing when shopping for what you "want".  

If I want a loaf of bread and I'm willing to pay $1 for it.....

Store A sells bread for $0.99 with no tax nor service charges. Out the door price is $0.99.

Store B sells bread for $0.25 but adds a cashier service charge of $0.30, a stock associate service charge of $0.20 and a manager gratuity of $0.20 but no tax. Out the door price is $0.95.

The bread is the same in both stores.  

Which store is better?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I agree! My hubby and I almost booked our first NCL cruise because of the promo, but when I saw the summary screen, we

could go on Azamara for less!! 

Honest question.  Princess is advertising up to 30% off and including wife and the drink package but when I go to price it, I have to pick at least their better package to get those things.  Are you ok with that type of promo?  

12 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

Honest question.  Princess is advertising up to 30% off and including wife and the drink package but when I go to price it, I have to pick at least their better package to get those things.  Are you ok with that type of promo?  

If they are including a wife, I will have to give this another look. Not sure if that sweetens or sours the deal. 

• Haha 3