Carnival Panorama any lesser known (secret type things) you'd actually share?

oyme

I know about "secret decks" I know about the specialty resteraunts like Mongolian Wok, Guy's Burgers, and the Italian place offering a free (limited) lunch on sea days. I know I could take a shower in the locker room by the fitness area for more spacious showering experience. I now know about hiding/looking for ducks. I read the Lanai areas often aren't crowded and are a nice tranquil spot in addition to the secret decks.

So, anything else I'm missing? Ages ago it was easier to find little hidden gems than it is now. That was one of my favorite parts of cruising besides like the anticipation/planning, was finding these little hidden gems.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LatinaInTexas said:

What I didn't know until I was looking at which room to book is that on deck 8 aft there is this middle row of 5 cabins. They are inside cabins but 3 of the cabins have a full sized sofa in them. The cabin was roomy and super quiet, loved it.

Do you remember which rooms have them?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vwrestler171 said:

Do you remember which rooms have them?

Yes it was cabin 8475 and cabin 8481 that had sofas in them. Even though the pics on the Carnival website deck plans show the other cabins having a sofa if you click on details you will only see sofa listed for those 2 cabins.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Yes it was cabin 8475 and cabin 8481 that had sofas in them. Even though the pics on the Carnival website deck plans show the other cabins having a sofa if you click on details you will only see sofa listed for those 2 cabins.

3 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

11 hours ago, oyme said:

I know about "secret decks" I know about the specialty resteraunts like Mongolian Wok, Guy's Burgers, and the Italian place offering a free (limited) lunch on sea days. I know I could take a shower in the locker room by the fitness area for more spacious showering experience. I now know about hiding/looking for ducks. I read the Lanai areas often aren't crowded and are a nice tranquil spot in addition to the secret decks.

So, anything else I'm missing? Ages ago it was easier to find little hidden gems than it is now. That was one of my favorite parts of cruising besides like the anticipation/planning, was finding these little hidden gems.

Where are these secret decks? I will be on this ship in a few days.

12 hours ago, neongoddess said:

Where are these secret decks? I will be on this ship in a few days.

Also you can search videos on another internet platform. (U-tube 😊) Search “carnival panorama secret decks”.They show where each deck is, and where the door is to get outside. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LatinaInTexas said:

What I didn't know until I was looking at which room to book is that on deck 8 aft there is this middle row of 5 cabins. They are inside cabins but 3 of the cabins have a full sized sofa in them. The cabin was roomy and super quiet, loved it.

That sounds amazing! If we want to sail her again we'll have to check that out! We're trying a family harbor inside this time. Lattes for days....

1 hour ago, jemrtt said:

Also you can search videos on another internet platform. (U-tube 😊) Search “carnival panorama secret decks”.They show where each deck is, and where the door is to get outside. 

Yes, the beach life on the U tube has a video. Check that out. 🙂

On a nice, clear night, go to the secret decks in front and stand right behind the forward riding light.  You should now be in pretty total darkness and after a while the stars will JUMP out at you.  We saw the galactic disc of the Milky Way very clearly...first time seeing it at night in many years.   

Also, to my surprise, on the Horizon Jiji's Asian and the Cucina were open on port-days as well as sea-days.  

• Like 2