bidding on full suite

tampadee

18 hours ago, tampadee said:

I have a Club Class mini suite, never bid on a full suite.

Any chance of success in bidding at a very low price?

Under the current system of bidding, the bids are locked at a pre-set minimum .  You can not bid lower that what is set.  That is why I passed on bidding on a suite my self because adding that minimum to the cost of our Mini-Suite would almost pay for another cruise.

Bob

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 4x4bob said:

Under the current system of bidding, the bids are locked at a pre-set minimum .  You can not bid lower that what is set.  That is why I passed on bidding on a suite my self because adding that minimum to the cost of our Mini-Suite would almost pay for another cruise.

Bob

Thanks for sharing that info.  We’re booked in a mini suite on our next cruise, 12 day British Isles, and considering bidding on either Club Class or full suite.  However, it looks like these options are not for us since the prices will be prohibitive.

We booked a suite on a upcoming cruise.  The friends who are sailing with us booked a mini suite.  They made a bid on a Suite a few weeks ago and the minimum bid was $200 more per person than we paid many months ago.  As other have said Princess sets a minimum price.  Their bid was not accepted.

• Like 2

I would like to chime in on this one.  Let me start by saying we are not wealthy, nor are we  particularly well off.  We both work full time jobs and I only get 2W vacation a year.

On our last Princess cruise (2018 SF to Mexican riviera 10 D) we originally booked a club class mini for just over $6K.  We booked very early, set a price alert  and when Princess had a sale, we refared to a full suite at just about the same cost.

On our upcoming cruise (Sky, 7D Caribbean later this week) we booked an aft facing wrap around full suite over 400 days prior to sailing (with what now is Princess Plus). With the added first class airfare (we added that at 300 days) we are out the door for just about $8k.  

Next year, we are taking a 14 D back to back (over both Christmas and NY) and again booked a full suite w/plus for appx $10K.  

Point is, there are deals to be had for suites, and not just on Princess.  We saw a 7D Dec 2023 Celebrity Apex Caribbean cruise in a full suite for $6k.  We did Canada, New England from NY on MSC in Yacht Club for appx $6k.

All of the above numbers are "out the door" totals for 2 of us (not per person). The deals are out there, and when you book super early, you can spread out the payments over a full year.  We did that with this year's Sky Princess, paid it off in July, and took on zero debt.  Search for deals, watch your budget and suites are attainable.

To the OP, I say if you want a suite, search for them as soon as the itineraries are announced, book it, and then plan a budget to pay for it (we are already paying on next year's cruise).

• Like 2