Escape Premium Drinks Package and streaming wifi

kenzie

I am on the Escape in January then the following week the Prima. I was able to upgrade on the Prima on an upgrade package showing under my account for $343 -this included, premium drinks, unltd streaming wifi, extra 2 spec dining, and additional $50 shore excursion per port discount. But Escape offers no such upgrade plan, upgrade of the drinks package is £1159 - yes not a typo and I think it's usually around $30pd. No upgrade wifi packages include streaming, which my daughter actually needs, she is a tik tocker with over 30 million hits on one video- a Norwegion one on the slides, actually. Any ideas why this is? 

We are sailing on the Escape in January. Up to a while ago My NCL showed the upgrade you mention; drinks/wifi/extra dining/extra shore ex for €315 pp (EU booking). I have since upgraded just the wifi and now that previous offer doesn't show. Did you upgrade any other element on it's own? I wonder if it's like when you book an excursion in a certain port, after that, only the excursion you chose shows as available and nothing else?

Call your TA or PCC or NCL directly. The upgrade, may be FAS Plus if you already had the FAS package. That would explain, why it is so much cheaper. I’ve seen the package with unlimited Wi-Fi, but I’ve never seen it with unlimited streaming Wi-Fi.

If you already ordered an upgrade to any of the elements included in the FAS plus, they will credit and adjust if you upgrade to FAS plus

14 minutes ago, Cruise-mom said:

We are sailing on the Escape in January. Up to a while ago My NCL showed the upgrade you mention; drinks/wifi/extra dining/extra shore ex for €315 pp (EU booking). I have since upgraded just the wifi and now that previous offer doesn't show. Did you upgrade any other element on it's own? I wonder if it's like when you book an excursion in a certain port, after that, only the excursion you chose shows as available and nothing else?

No we have not upgraded anything yet for the Escape, only our Prima cruise as I am not paying the $1159 for premium plus alcohol - I have always had unlimited wifi with streaming on all our other NCL cruises, and we are Sapphire so plenty of cruises, all on "away classes" 

10 minutes ago, kenzie said:

No we have not upgraded anything yet for the Escape, only our Prima cruise as I am not paying the $1159 for premium plus alcohol - I have always had unlimited wifi with streaming on all our other NCL cruises, and we are Sapphire so plenty of cruises, all on "away classes" 

Might be best to give NCL a call and see what they can sort out for you.

• Like 1

When you call, you may want to check on your Prima package too. 

The FAS+ package normally does not include streaming.  Maybe they are making an exception for Prima, or maybe the package is changing Jan 1st, but I would confirm it.  Normally it is includes unlimited wifi w/o streaming. Other people have been able to upgrade the + package to include streaming (for an additional fee ofc).

On 11/22/2022 at 8:42 AM, kenzie said:

I am on the Escape in January then the following week the Prima. I was able to upgrade on the Prima on an upgrade package showing under my account for $343 -this included, premium drinks, unltd streaming wifi, extra 2 spec dining, and additional $50 shore excursion per port discount. But Escape offers no such upgrade plan, upgrade of the drinks package is £1159 - yes not a typo and I think it's usually around $30pd. No upgrade wifi packages include streaming, which my daughter actually needs, she is a tik tocker with over 30 million hits on one video- a Norwegion one on the slides, actually. Any ideas why this is? 

Was she the one that didn’t make the full cycle on the drop slide and was stopped over the ocean?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Liljo22 said:

Was she the one that didn’t make the full cycle on the drop slide and was stopped over the ocean?

yes it was - hilarious how it got such coverage and NCL should have utilised the publicity but did not - as they made such a big thing of the slides on Prima, they could have approached her for publicity on this.

Edited by kenzie
additional comment
  • Like 1

On 11/22/2022 at 9:42 AM, kenzie said:

You may have to call to get the Free at Sea Plus, which is what you had on the Prima. I didn’t want all of those other things and was able to just upgrade my beverage package for $243.

• Like 1