Free at Sea with < 21 y/o as second passenger?

S&DMOM

Slightly confused if my 20 y/o son will get the Soda Package if he is the 2nd passenger in the cabin with me under "FREE AT SEA" program. 

Can I sign a waver for him to be able to drink alcoholic drinks?

Also if I want to upgrade to Premium Plus Drink Package could I do that for myself only and not have to pay any extra for him?  TIA 

Edited by S&DMOM

13 minutes ago, S&amp;DMOM said:

Slightly confused if my 20 y/o son will get the Soda Package if he is the 2nd passenger in the cabin with me under "FREE AT SEA" program. 

"Guest 1-2 must be at least 21 years of age at time of sailing to qualify for the Unlimited Open Bar Package. Guests under 21 will receive the soda package." - T&C

14 minutes ago, S&amp;DMOM said:

Can I sign a waver for him to be able to drink alcoholic drinks?

NCL used to have a Corks and Caps package (beer and wine) that under 21 could get with parental/guardian "on the ship" consent (with corporate approval) but I don't know what the current options are.  

19 minutes ago, S&amp;DMOM said:

Also if I want to upgrade to Premium Plus Drink Package could I do that for myself only and not have to pay any extra for him?

"Must be purchased for all guests 21+ on the same reservation. Individuals under 21 must purchase the Soda Package" - T&C

Since he is under 21 and will already have the soda package, you should be able to get PPBP without getting it for him. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

"Guest 1-2 must be at least 21 years of age at time of sailing to qualify for the Unlimited Open Bar Package. Guests under 21 will receive the soda package." - T&C

NCL used to have a Corks and Caps package (beer and wine) that under 21 could get with parental/guardian "on the ship" consent (with corporate approval) but I don't know what the current options are.  

"Must be purchased for all guests 21+ on the same reservation. Individuals under 21 must purchase the Soda Package" - T&C

Since he is under 21 and will already have the soda package, you should be able to get PPBP without getting it for him. 

On our last cruise they still had corks and caps (I think it no longer exists), but even with the signed waiver and being 2nd in the cabins my 19 and 20 year olds still got the soda package only.

• Like 1