Disembark in Copenhaguen (before end of cruise)

oAlgo

Hello,
This is my first post here 🙂

I want to book a Baltic cruise (12th - 26th May 2023 on Britannia), and disembark at the last port of call (Copenhaguen) before the ship gets back to Southampton, and stay in Copenhaguen, but don´t want to book before I know if this is possible or not

I´m trying to get this information before booking our cruise, but after speaking to P&O a couple of times they always say they´re going to answer by email, but this never happens.
Any idea if this is allowed?

TIA!!

3 minutes ago, oAlgo said:

Hello,

I want to book a Baltic cruise (12th - 36th May 2023 on Britannia), and disembark at the last port of call (Copenhaguen) before the ship gets back to Southampton, and stay in Copenhaguen, but don´t want to book before I know if this is possible or not

I´m trying to get this information before booking our cruise, but after speaking to P&O a couple of times and another few to Iglu, they always say they´re going to answer by email, but this never happens.

TIA!!

Perhaps they are struggling to find the 36th May. It is unlikely you will be allowed to disembark early, unless they throw you off for being ill,or naughty.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Perhaps they are struggling to find the 36th May. It is unlikely you will be allowed to disembark early, unless they throw you off for being ill,or naughty.

Just fixed the date, hahaha

They said that it depends on the port, but didn´t say why.
I suppose I could be ill or naughty... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oAlgo said:

Just fixed the date, hahaha

They said that it depends on the port, but didn´t say why.
I suppose I could be ill or naughty... 

It is down to the individual port authorities for immigration purposes and security.

• Like 1

We have had family members join us (New York & Andalsnes)  and leave us (Gibraltar) mid cruise. All of these were pre- covid. We confirmed with P&O before hand and it wasn’t a problem ( they were a bit discouraging about Andalsnes as it was a tender port but we said we were happy to take a chance.) 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Usually easiest to book direct by phone for this.

Both times I´ve phoned, they told me that they´re almost sure it´s possible, but they would confirm by email and I´m still waiting for their email 2 weeks later....
I might call again on Monday and ask again

Thanks for all your answers!

Spoke to P&O yesterday morning and they said that the person that I spoke to last week would call me back about this, but still waiting for their call or email. 
It´s been more than 3 weeks since my first call now, and I´ve told them that as soon as they answer I´ll be booking the cruise.
Is there any other more efficient way to speak to them?

TIA

22 hours ago, oAlgo said:

Spoke to P&O yesterday morning and they said that the person that I spoke to last week would call me back about this, but still waiting for their call or email. 
It´s been more than 3 weeks since my first call now, and I´ve told them that as soon as they answer I´ll be booking the cruise.

TIA

Use a Travel Agent.  Let them do it.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 5:31 PM, oAlgo said:

TIA

Always found a DM on Twitter works well.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2022 at 4:14 PM, oAlgo said:

Hello,

I want to book a Baltic cruise (12th - 26th May 2023 on Britannia), and disembark at the last port of call (Copenhaguen) before the ship gets back to Southampton, and stay in Copenhaguen, but don´t want to book before I know if this is possible or not

I´m trying to get this information before booking our cruise, but after speaking to P&O a couple of times and another few to Iglu, they always say they´re going to answer by email, but this never happens.

TIA!!

We have stayed several times in Copenhagen at the Admiral hotel which has an excellent location near Nyhavn etc.

I would book the cruise and enjoy it then book a mini break to Copenhagen another time to enjoy wonderful Copenhagen.

Graham.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/2/2022 at 10:12 AM, grapau27 said:

We have stayed several times in Copenhagen at the Admiral hotel which has an excellent location near Nyhavn etc.

I would book the cruise and enjoy it then book a mini break to Copenhagen another time to enjoy wonderful Copenhagen.

Graham.

Thanks Graham, but I have important work to do in Spain the same day (at midnight)  the cruise ends in Southampton and it´s just to risky to try and disembark and get to Málaga in that same day.

Finally I found a great Travel Agent that in 2 days got the confirmation from P&O that I can disembark in Copenhaguen, so I´ve just booked my first back to back cruise (Fjords + Baltic).
We´ll stay 2 more days in Copenhaguen before flying back to Malaga
I had already seen the Admiral hotel, looks like it has an amazing location!!!

Thanks for all the answers!!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, oAlgo said:

Thanks Graham, but I have important work to do in Spain the same day (at midnight)  the cruise ends in Southampton and it´s just to risky to try and disembark and get to Málaga in that same day.

Finally I found a great Travel Agent that in 2 days got the confirmation from P&O that I can disembark in Copenhaguen, so I´ve just booked my first back to back cruise (Fjords + Baltic).
We´ll stay 2 more days in Copenhaguen before flying back to Malaga
I had already seen the Admiral hotel, looks like it has an amazing location!!!

Thanks for all the answers!!!

This is fantastic news.

You will love Copenhagen.

If you need a hotel near Malaga we have Stayed at the Vincci Aleysa in Benalmadena 15 times and it is fantastic.

The Vincci group also have a hotel in central Malaga.

Graham 

On 12/17/2022 at 9:05 PM, grapau27 said:

This is fantastic news.

You will love Copenhagen.

If you need a hotel near Malaga we have Stayed at the Vincci Aleysa in Benalmadena 15 times and it is fantastic.

The Vincci group also have a hotel in central Malaga.

Graham 

Thanks Graham.
We live and work in Nerja, just the other side of Málaga:)

Really looking forward to the cruise now!!!

• Thanks 1