Local Taxi Availability in Port FLL

spirit rev

You will be amazed at the number of taxis lined up, if you look at or about the time disembarkation starts. The line could easily be a couple blocks long, two or 3 cars wide.

The ease of getting a taxi and the strong recommendations to do so are discussed here almost daily.

• Like 1

We departed later than usual a month ago from pier and had to wait about 10 minutes for a taxi.  Normally we do not have to wait (but that when we get off fairly early in the process).

Edited by DaveOKC

Would a normal taxi be a better choice at Port Everglades vs an Uber or Lyft?  I recall our last trip from that port it was a bit of a cluster finding our Uber.  I really wish there were shuttles like Go Port at Port Canaveral which was so easy.  Our flight isn’t until 1:30pm so we aren’t in a rush to disembark.

(editing to add, this is for Pier 25 where the Celebrity Edge class ships sail from)

Edited by LisaDee
Clarifying which pier

17 minutes ago, LisaDee said:

Would a normal taxi be a better choice at Port Everglades vs an Uber or Lyft?  I recall our last trip from that port it was a bit of a cluster finding our Uber.  I really wish there were shuttles like Go Port at Port Canaveral which was so easy.  Our flight isn’t until 1:30pm so we aren’t in a rush to disembark.

(editing to add, this is for Pier 25 where the Celebrity Edge class ships sail from)

Taxis are easy because they will be lined up and move out quickly. You may need to wait for Uber/Lyft to arrive.

There isn't really a need for an operation like GoPort because the drive to the airport is 15 minutes. But, if you look around you will find some vans towing trailers at Port Everglades. Of course they are a rip off, because you have to wait for them to fill, and they will charge you $20 or 25 per person, where the taxi will be less than $20 for the taxi and however people you can get in it.