New England/Canada Cruise Prices

Tutone56

Hey everyone, we haven't cruised in a few years, the last one on the POA, the last cruise before the Covid.  I was looking at the prices today for a New England/Canada cruise out of Boston around the end of August and it was around $5300 for the 2 of us for a mid ship balcony, no airfare necessary.  Is that typical nowadays?  

Edited by Tutone56

Just now, phoenix1181 said:

The fares from Boston in 2023 are almost double what they were in 2022.  I'm hoping to do Boston to Bermuda again next summer but unless the prices come down some, I'll be heading to Maine or New Hampshire!

I'm also looking out of NYC and it's about 1/2 the price.  One additional port when departing out of Boston.  NYC is less convenient for me but the price difference is rather substantial. 

5 minutes ago, phoenix1181 said:

They're also the only cruise line sailing from Boston April through October so they get away with their ridiculously hig prices.

if you are willing to jump ship, Royal Caribbean has the Serenade Of The Seas sailing out of Boston in October to Canada

Just now, shof515 said:

if you are willing to jump ship, Royal Caribbean has the Serenade Of The Seas sailing out of Boston in October to Canada

I'm actually doing a transition on Celebrity from Boston to Miami in October '23 but the point I was trying to make was that NCL pretty much has Boston all to themselves.  Other lines are here periodically but NCL is the only line that sails continuously for Boston for about 6 months every year.

Don't book at those crazy prices, wait until beginning of next Summer while watching prices - unless you "must" be in a certain category of cabins, deck and location - as it'll likely begin to come down & slide on a slope, like this season - OV and Inside for about the same and for just a little more, Balcony GTY & even those Club Balconies.  NCL ships sailing out of NY doing donuts from late August into October ... (it's a longer drive into NY, depending on how far you are in RI but weekends - fairly easy.  

Happy planning !