Discovery embarkation

sunsetme

I received this email indicating I can't embark before 1pm. What's the point of the Blue, Green business then and are mini suites considered suites in this scenario?

12:00 PM Aloha and Lido Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with A & L 1:00 PM - Caribe, Dolphin, and Sun Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with C & D & S 2:00 PM - Baja and Emerald Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with B & E 3:00 PM - Marina and Riviera Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with M & R Guests in our Sky Suites may arrive at any time between 12:00 PM and 3:00 PM

33 minutes ago, sunsetme said:

I received this email indicating I can't embark before 1pm. What's the point of the Blue, Green business then and are mini suites considered suites in this scenario?

12:00 PM Aloha and Lido Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with A & L 1:00 PM - Caribe, Dolphin, and Sun Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with C & D & S 2:00 PM - Baja and Emerald Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with B & E 3:00 PM - Marina and Riviera Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with M & R Guests in our Sky Suites may arrive at any time between 12:00 PM and 3:00 PM

Mini suites are definitely not included in this scenario, and I find this weird. Did you choose an arrival time in the app? 

Agreed, Mini Suites are not Suites, but while these are "recommended" arrival times, people show up when they want. Looks like boarding begins at noon on this cruise. It will be more crowded in the beginning and if all people arrived during their' "time" it would be less chaotic, but people get there when they want. At least, that's how it's been in our experience. 

9 minutes ago, sunsetme said:

yes I chose an arrival time

Since the restart, we've cruised four times. Each time I chose an arrival time, and only once did anybody pay any attention to that. You probably ought to just show up when you planned to, and that will probably work just fine. Probably. Things have been a bit chaotic.

1 hour ago, sunsetme said:

I boarded Discovery on Saturday, I got that email as well. Ignore it, they aren’t checking boarding times and if they did, it would be according to the Medallion app.

You’ll be fine. ETA: I was on the ship at 11:30.

Edited by tonit964
  • Like 2