Sailing during Eurovision

Hi everyone, We booked our cruise some time ago...and now we realize we are booked during the 🎶Eurovision Song Contest🎵. My Husband is Scottish and takes this in with great joy every year. Does anyone know if Royal Caribbean will air this? We will be on a Norwegian Fjords cruise. 

Thanks for any input 😄

11 minutes ago, RumAndCoconuts said:

Hi everyone, We booked our cruise some time ago...and now we realize we are booked during the 🎶Eurovision Song Contest🎵. My Husband is Scottish and takes this in with great joy every year. Does anyone know if Royal Caribbean will air this? We will be on a Norwegian Fjords cruise. 

Thanks for any input 😄

I remember asking if they would be showing Eurovision on an X cruise once, and they had no idea what it was!
If you’re on Anthem with a lot of Brits you’ll have a better chance I think! 

ps: lots of people on this board will have no idea what we’re talking about lol! 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Its probably due to they not having the rights to broadcast it. 

I asked in the sportspub on Voyager this summer if they could show the Formula 1 race that was held on a sunday and they said that they couldn't because they didn't have the rights to it. They showed several American football matches and European soccer games but no motorsport.

12 hours ago, UnregisteredUser said:

Its probably due to they not having the rights to broadcast it. 

I asked in the sportspub on Voyager this summer if they could show the Formula 1 race that was held on a sunday and they said that they couldn't because they didn't have the rights to it. They showed several American football matches and European soccer games but no motorsport.

Watched F1 with German commentary on Odyssey this summer in Playmakers. 

16 hours ago, Happy Cruiser Girl said:

Is there possibly some pub or something in one of the ports that you could watch at least some of it?

Nice idea but Eurovision is shown in the evening about 9pm UK time. OP would have to find somewhere that is showing a rerun of the show

• Like 1

We've cruised several times during eurovision and as we do like to watch it have had similar concerns!

On european cruises one of the european channels on the in-cabin TV often has it on - you may have to put up with non-English voice over but otherwise it's pretty much the full Eurovision experience. We watched this year's broadcast this way.

Otherwise the only other way to watch it is to stream - there's usually a youtube stream or similar, but as others have alluded to even with the better internet package this can be VERY hit and miss, especially with the more northerly trips.

• 1 month later...