When are more shore excursions offered?

LGinPA

Our Mediterranean cruise isn't until July 2023. I decided to see what excursions are offered when I signed into my NCL. At some ports there are many offerings, but at most there's only ONE "Let's Take a Selfie".  So I went to the general NCL Excursion site (Explore / Shore Excursions, and filtered on Mediterranean and Santorini, and there are these 9 excursions listed

At what point before departure will more shore excursions be offered on My NCL account?  

And will all those on the general site be offered? 

Remember you can book excursions independently and on a European itinerary there’s plenty of public transport too. The only time I stick to cruiseline excursions are if it involves a boat (no backup transport) or there are local restrictions in place requiring me to stick to a cruise line excursions.  Occasionally there are excursions that may be exclusive to the cruiseline, I’m doing an Alaska cruise in October and it’s looking like cruiseline excursions may be the only option because it’s so late in the season. 

On 12/3/2022 at 5:06 PM, eileeshb said:

Remember you can book excursions independently and on a European itinerary there’s plenty of public transport too. The only time I stick to cruiseline excursions are if it involves a boat (no backup transport) or there are local restrictions in place requiring me to stick to a cruise line excursions.  Occasionally there are excursions that may be exclusive to the cruiseline, I’m doing an Alaska cruise in October and it’s looking like cruiseline excursions may be the only option because it’s so late in the season. 

Yes, thank toy, I'm aware.  I've been on the Ports section of this board and am also doing independent searching and have many great options outside of NCL. 🙂

The one port that we'll likely go with NCL is in Greece, Santorini - Oia Village & Winery.  This is mostly because the NCL excursions tender you to a special port with direct onto the bus (no cable car needed), and take you to to Oia directly.   

Thanks for replying! 

On 12/4/2022 at 6:35 AM, Markanddonna said:

What ports are on your sailing? I was on a 12 day from Rome to Haifa and can offer some advice.

Thank you.  But I think specific advice for each port of call would better belong in the POC section of this board.  My question here was an NCL specific one on when excursions are added. Now I know that NCL will add them as they confirm with contractors at each port.  So I'll just keep a close watch. 

Coincidently JUST TODAY, NCL added quite a few options on the Greek island of Corfu.  Nothing added to Santorini yet.  

I have already done research at each port (using the CC PoC section and independent research of non-NCL excursion sites) and already know what we want to do at each port.  I just want to compare what NCL offers. 

Thanks again!