City Cats to pick up passengers from Brisbane Cruise Terminal??

6 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That would be wonderful. We used to always get the ferry from Portside when we had a port stop there. It made for a very pleasant day out. Ferry each way then pottering around the city or South Bank, and a nice lunch somewhere.

We didn't bother getting off the ship the last two times we stopped at the BICT.

The City Cat situation at Portside is completely different to BICT. Portside has a huge permanent residential population that use the City Cats for public transport day and night seven days a week.

There is absolutely no one around BICT except when a ship is in. Whilst I agree that transport needs to be provided for cruise passengers to visit Brisbane I can't see City Cats being diverted from their usual purpose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

They don't  need to ferry 3000 pax,  just the ones that want to use the service.

Well that right mic not everyone would be wanting to go into Brisbane, some might be flying out and some might want to do a tour of the sewage plant before going home.

7 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Well that right mic not everyone would be wanting to go into Brisbane, some might be flying out and some might want to do a tour of the sewage plant before going home.

Some also have their cars parked in the long stay carports as well, others stay on the ship for B2Bs.

Something more has to be done about transport from/to BICT. More shuttle buses or flat rate options. To avoid nasty surprises. Taxi supervisors there did help somewhat but some of the things I witnessed at the terminal I just shake my head at. Frayed tempers, luggage being roughly thrown by taxi drivers (I think that one was being reported), dodgy stuff going on with fares/rides being cancelled (eg by uber). And I was soaked to the skin (my fault partly as I had to wander away from the crowds so I could hear myself think while making a phone call).