That Other Live: Celebration b2b

jam19872016

Hi Jam. Will you please if you can peak inside these cabins to see where the sofa (close to the door or close to the balcony) is because we are taking 2 scooters.

12398, 12414, and 12416

Thank you in advance. 

Not sure how this review is gonna go. I have tried everything I know how to do and I cannot connect to carnival wifi.

I can't get cell reception inside the ship so I'm outside in the blazing Miami sun. Nice cool morning but definitely warmed up now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rtfnl said:

Hi Jam. Will you please if you can peak inside these cabins to see where the sofa (close to the door or close to the balcony) is because we are taking 2 scooters.

12398, 12414, and 12416

Thank you in advance. 

No promises but if I can sneak a peak one morning when the steward is cleaning I will take a look.

After I was done stalking shak I went to street eats and got some chilli cheese dog fries.

20221204_122002-X2.jpg

It was just after noon but Lido was already at capacity. I got one of the last tables at the very back by shak's whose line was not wrapped around the entire outside deck into the buffet on the far other end of the deck.

I know it's first day and all, but I certainly hope the crowds thin out some because this is insanely crowded so far.

No exaggeration, there were at least 50 people waiting for an elevator.

I wanted some Gelato for dessert but I was over the crowding so moved on.

Took care of muster then hit the gym. They tried to run me off with is something carnival started doing recently, not opening the gym on embarkation day but I pleaded my case and was allowed to stay.

Explored the ship some, made reservations for rudi's and then the rooms were ready.

All caught up except for the embarkation cluster.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Took care of muster then hit the gym. They tried to run me off with is something carnival started doing recently, not opening the gym on embarkation day but I pleaded my case and was allowed to stay.

It's all about the stupid Spa raffle and accommodating the masses of people who step foot in the gym the one and only time to get one of 4 or 5 free treatments. Having said that the gym was open on the 11/21 sailing and I got my workout in just fine. 

Update to carnivals prohibited item list we did not know about. Fans cannot be larger than 12 inches. It does say that in policy now because M went to argue like we have to do all the time.

Luckily I brought my fan also since I will be solo next week and it was small enough to not be confiscated although they did question me about its size.

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

It's all about the stupid Spa raffle and accommodating the masses of people who step foot in the gym the one and only time to get one of 4 or 5 free treatments. Having said that the gym was open on the 11/21 sailing and I got my workout in just fine. 

Yep. It's very annoying. They just started doing that recently and I don't see how someone using the gym detracts from the tour. Royal allows me to get my workout in without hassling me and I appreciate that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jam19872016 said:

Yep. It's very annoying. They just started doing that recently and I don't see how someone using the gym detracts from the tour. Royal allows me to get my workout in without hassling me and I appreciate that.

You know that the Cloud Nine Spa locker rooms are available for all to use? It's downstairs a little ways on the left.   Forget about locking the lockers; I was on the second cruise and the locks were already all messed up. Same thing on the Mardi Gras. Anyway, there's also a free co-ed sauna available to all. You go out of the locker room from the rear door and make a left, and it's down the hall on the right.

6 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

20221204_115515-X2.jpg

20221204_115753-X2.jpg

20221204_115923-X2.jpg

Sid who is doing "Celebration! / Live! / Solo! Dec-4-11-2022" is a bit jealous I think. He didn't know Sahq was on board till someone pointed out your sighting 😆

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Shak attack.

20221204_114302-X2.jpg

Very tasty but not spicy at all. They had sides but I guess it's intended for you to get ketchup container size portions. That's silly, I'll bring a plate from Lido next time. 

Next stop on my food tour, street eats.

Just ask for a second bowl of fries.  Enjoy