Port of Miami rental car dropoff

kelship

Hi all.
I'll be visiting family March 1-5 near Fort Myers, then driving a rental car to Miami hotel on Mar 5th for MSC cruise on March 6th...my check in time is 1pm.
My questions are regarding my rental car:
What drop off location in Miami should I choose...just Miami airport? or is there a cruise port drop off for some car agencies? 
I figure, worst case scenario, I drop the car off an get an Uber to the cruise port but I feel like there might be a better way. 
Any tips?? Best way to do this? 

Free shuttle service from MIA to the Port Of Miami was discontinued at the beginning of the Covid Pandemic. You can drop off the rental at the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center and cab, Uber or Lyft over to the Port Of Miami. If you rent from Hertz, Avis or Budget they have downtown Miami locations that are very close to the Port Of Miami. They are smaller facilities that can get very busy on cruise turnaround days. I can't confirm it but other Cruise Critic posters state that the downtown Miami locations provide free shuttle services.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/31/2022 at 10:12 AM, kelhag said:

Early Dec, 2022 we rented from Avis. We dropped off at their downtown 2nd st location. They offered a free shuttle to the port. 

Do they have a large van type shuttle, or just take you in a regular car?

As a family of 5, with luggage, and then plus the driver, it'd have to be a van type shuttle.

19 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Do they have a large van type shuttle, or just take you in a regular car?

As a family of 5, with luggage, and then plus the driver, it'd have to be a van type shuttle.

You might consider leaving the family at the port while you go turn the car in...then take the shuttle to rejoin them.  They can check in and be halfway thru lunch when you join them on the Lido.  (just remember to take your ID with you so that you can checkin when you return.)

I should have added: we keep going back and forth on whether to rent a car at FLL to return the morning of the cruise, or use the hotel shuttle from FLL to our FL hotel, and then a shuttle from the hotel to POM.

Renting a car would make it more convenient to have dinner and pick up wine the evening before the cruise, as well as not worrying about a shuttle no show.

Shuttle from the hotel would be more convenient the morning of the cruise.

4 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

So the Budget rate is a lot less than Avis.  Did you happen to notice if they share the location/shuttle service? Thanks!

I am sorry I didn't notice