Majestic Princess - Are any of the three MDRs open for lunch on embarkation day?

korky1

Just curious.  We have earliest boarding time and think it would be nice to start our cruise with a nice lunch in MDR .  Have never done this before on any ship or cruise.

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

We were on Majestic ten days ago. Certainly one of the MDR was open for embarkation lunch. But also consider Alfredo's. We had a lovely leisurely embarkation lunch there.  Three course meal - very quiet. (Not a speciality restaurant - included).

We always enjoy a nice sit down lunch. Whether in the dining room or Alfredo's/Gigi's where available. Usually but not always it is usually the mid ship dining room on Deck 6 open on Embarkation day. Sometimes if you ask the staff will direct you to the Lido deck. 

14 hours ago, korky1 said:

Just curious.  We have earliest boarding time and think it would be nice to start our cruise with a nice lunch in MDR .  Have never done this before on any ship or cruise.

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

Every ship in the fleet has one DR open for lunch on embarkation day, plus all sea days.

So much for my plans to,  for the first time in about 50 cruises,  have lunch on embarkation day in the MDR on Majestic Princess this Thursday.

Just received email from Princess advising boarding is delayed by three hours, so instead of boarding at noon we now can't board until 3pm.

This will be because of high number of covid positive passengers currently on board, I guess,  and our strict government protocols here in Australia.  

Keeping my fingers crossed that the actual cruise will be drama free.  Perhaps we will make it to the MDR for embarkation lunch on our next cruie on Majestic in February