Constellation tips

CatsareCool

I am very fortunate to have cruised many times - mostly Princess - but we decided to step out of our comfort zone and will be sailing on the Constellation Dec 23-Jan 2. Really excited, I've heard so many positive things. But I'd like to know some of your secret tips. What to ignore or what not to be missed. 

Do they have body lotion in the stateroom? Refrigerators? Thank you for all your valuable insights. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CatsareCool said:

I am very fortunate to have cruised many times - mostly Princess - but we decided to step out of our comfort zone and will be sailing on the Constellation Dec 23-Jan 2. Really excited, I've heard so many positive things. But I'd like to know some of your secret tips. What to ignore or what not to be missed. 

Do they have body lotion in the stateroom? Refrigerators? Thank you for all your valuable insights. 

Connie was my introduction to Celebrity back in 2013.  She is a great ship...great size, awesome service.  We were in an aqua class cabin and I was really pleased with Blu.  One thing we really enjoyed was the thalasso therapy pool in the solarium.  I hope it's still there!  Another quiet area for us was the wine bar.  It was a regular bar too but they offered wine tastings.  The bar tender extended our tasting and really enjoyed talking about the wines.  It was just the three of us (DH, myself and the bar tender) and because he liked us (I guess) he sampled some other wines that weren't in the tasting...we tried Opus One and a few others.  I remember the Opus One because they were drinking it on the Real Housewives of something or other and I wanted to try it. I'm not sure what I was expecting for $180 bucks but suffice it to say, I'm perfectly fine with my Caymus.  But, I digress.  The ship is lovely and I am sure you will find lots to enjoy! 

• Thanks 1

There will be body lotion in the stateroom.  And there also will be a refrigerator.

The treats at Cafe al Bacio can confuse folks.  While they are served by one of the baristas they are complementary.  And folks don't need to order a latte or Tea Forte to ask for some.

What type of stateroom category have you booked?

1 hour ago, CatsareCool said:

image.thumb.jpeg.92d986133d687bb14b2c56e5e79cf23b.jpeg

I did post a "Live from Constellation" thread last month detailing the 15 nights we spent on Constellation crossing the Atlantic from Rome to Tampa.  Several people on our roll call posted their experiences as well--like how the bottles of body wash, etc were so tiny.

She is a great classically designed ship with an awesome crew.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 2

Martini Bar is a favorite of many (including myself) with skilled bartenders and some of my favorite drinks.

The thelasotherapy pool is still in the solarium and is a great place to relax.  

We love the views of the Reflection Lounge in the front of the ship on one of the highest decks.  In the lobby outside the Reflection Lounge is one of my favorite art pieces on a cruise ship, a glass sculpture by Dale Chihuly.

Silent Disco is a staple on Celebrity cruises and fun to at least watch even if you don't want to participate.

The pool grill makes a great turkey burger that is only made to order so it is always fresh although you usually have to wait a few minutes for it.

I don't know if you have ever sailed out of a Tampa but I always love watching us go under the Sunshine Skyway Bridge near St. Petersburg.  I always plan dinner plans for embarkation evening to not miss being up on deck for that.

• Thanks 1

There is also a very informative Live thread that was posted for the Nov 11 Constellation 10 night Eastern Caribbean sailing out of Tampa by Tee & Chili:

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, prmssk said:

I don't know if you have ever sailed out of a Tampa but I always love watching us go under the Sunshine Skyway Bridge near St. Petersburg.  I always plan dinner plans for embarkation evening to not miss being up on deck for that.

FYI for anyone who want to be on deck for cruising under the bridge: It takes approximately  2 1/2 hours from leaving the pier to sailing under the bridge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We are sailing on constellation and celebrity for the first time (previously RCL travellers).  I saw on some ship virtual tours the solarium, the thelasotherapy pool there, and also the sunset bar and a small pool on an upper deck maybe in an aquaclass area- also the fitness area (workout room).   

We are travelling deluxe veranda and are select.  But not aquaclass- which of these areas are open to use or are restricted or at an up fee.    Im recovering from knee surgery so we are spending 2 back to back cruises to let me relax and recover in the warmth but will likely be spending a lot of time on th ship.  

32 minutes ago, amc2 said:

We are sailing on constellation and celebrity for the first time (previously RCL travellers).  I saw on some ship virtual tours the solarium, the thelasotherapy pool there, and also the sunset bar and a small pool on an upper deck maybe in an aquaclass area- also the fitness area (workout room).   

We are travelling deluxe veranda and are select.  But not aquaclass- which of these areas are open to use or are restricted or at an up fee.    Im recovering from knee surgery so we are spending 2 back to back cruises to let me relax and recover in the warmth but will likely be spending a lot of time on th ship.  

All the areas you mention are free to you with the possible exception of whatever small pool you saw on an upper deck--not sure what you are referring to.  If it's the main pool (which is not large), it is free to you.  As far as I'm aware, there is not a pool in the Aqua Class area.  Anything connected with the spa will have a fee involved.  Be sure to check out the thalassotherapy pool--it will be great for your recovery.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2022 at 11:32 AM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

All the areas you mention are free to you with the possible exception of whatever small pool you saw on an upper deck--not sure what you are referring to.  If it's the main pool (which is not large), it is free to you.  As far as I'm aware, there is not a pool in the Aqua Class area.  Anything connected with the spa will have a fee involved.  Be sure to check out the thalassotherapy pool--it will be great for your recovery.

This is an old post, but I happen to come across it and know the pool you speak of.

So on the Connie, they have a crew area, towards the very front of the ship. That pool is for crew. I have seen it in person while going to the helipad for sailaway a few times. It is not something any guest can use. I remember thinking its a bit odd that guests can even see it, but its there, and ha a small outdoor area with a bar for them.  

Here is a photo of where it is. 

image.thumb.png.6d9a25d9496a8e3625c39f7350a9a6b4.png

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nonnieandppa said:

We will be sailing on Celebrity for the first time on the April transatlantic from Tampa to Barcelona. Does anyone know if you can bring alcohol aboard at any of the foreign ports?

You can, but they may take it away and you get back the last night