Live: Oct 22 2022 Constellation Mediterranean Passage Transatlantic

mahdnc

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

mahdnc was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Hi.  Coming this Saturday, my wife and I will be board Constellation for her sailing across the Atlantic from Civitavecchia to her winter home port in Tampa (15 nights).  Constellation will be the 4th of 7 Celebrity ships that will be coming back from Europe.

For us, this will be our first TA and the first cruise without the kids since they were born 27-30 years ago.  It will also be the first time we have sailed on Constellation.  We have been on the other 3 Millennium class ships.  

My wife and I will be flying nonstop from Chicago to Rome today and will stay in Rome for 5 nights.  We have been to Rome before but only as a stop during our 2007 Med cruise on Millennium. So, we are looking forward to spending some real time there.

We are currently packed and ready for the taxi to pick us up for the drive to ORD.  

If you have any questions about the ship, etc during our voyage, please ask.

image.thumb.jpeg.858eedd03ca5d7a626082a5797b72b1d.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 11

Have a great trip.  We were scheduled on the two prior Connie WB TAs that were cancelled.  If they hadn't switched up ports from Barcelona to Rome for this year's WB TA, we would be right there with you and some other folks we know on that cruise, but we really wanted the Barcelona embarkation port. 

We'll be on Reflection 9 days later right behind you, also with 'the kids' for the first time. 

• Like 1

I understand that the TA roll calls are quire lively.  The one for this sailing was no different.  We had approximately 120 members (25 doing the Europe-TA B2B + 1 doing the TA-Caribbean B2B).

I invite all of them to post and contribute to this Live Thread.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Looking forward to following along! Are you and your wife flying separately? Will be a very different experience without your adult children along…bit of a second honeymoon! 😉 Enjoy!!

Cathy,

My wife and I are flying together.  I have now corrected that error in my first post.  But no kids, so yes, second honeymoon!  However we will miss not having the kids with us.  Right now, I am missing my dog as our dog sitter just picked her up and drove away with her.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

Have a great trip.  We were scheduled on the two prior Connie WB TAs that were cancelled.  If they hadn't switched up ports from Barcelona to Rome for this year's WB TA, we would be right there with you and some other folks we know on that cruise, but we really wanted the Barcelona embarkation port. 

We'll be on Reflection 9 days later right behind you, also with 'the kids' for the first time. 

There are quite a few roll call members that were on the cancelled Constellation WB TA's from a year or two ago.  

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

I understand that the TA roll calls are quire lively.  The one for this sailing was no different.  We had approximately 120 members (25 doing the Europe-TA B2B + 1 doing the TA-Caribbean B2B).

I invite all of them to post and contribute to this Live Thread.

I am part of this salty crew.  As of today, 168 PAGES on our roll call!  😜

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Have a great trip.
What type of cabin are you sailing in?

Please share your thoughts on the MDR?

We are in a corner FV. So, yes, main dining room for us!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have been on the Constellation three times many years ago. Love the M class ships. ing I am think about a cruise on her out of Tampa this winter.

I am excited for you both. Enjoy Rome and have a relaxing TA across the ocean. 

Look forward to your live report.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Silly question but I know, David, you and your wife like to dive…is there any opportunity on this itinerary? What excursions do you have planned otherwise? 

Unfortunately, no diving this time. I tried to book a dive trip independently for our stop at the Bahamas, but the outfitter's schedule didn't quite work with the ship's docking schedule. The ship does not offer a dive excursion, so we're snorkeling.