Live: Oct 22 2022 Constellation Mediterranean Passage Transatlantic

mahdnc

Private transfer for the 5 of us went smoothly.   We left the Albergo del Senato at 9:55 am and we arrived at our cruise terminal at 11:16 am. 

6FBCDD86-3820-46A7-886E-43F8DCCFC6CE.jpeg

Our official check in time was 11:30 am. There were no crowds and other than a short wait to get through security, there were no lines. 

5FC93785-3FC9-413B-BF48-CACAEBBE7479.jpeg

We haven't been on a cruise since the pandemic, so the whole thing was thrilling. I was so excited that I was tempted to do the Pope thing and kiss the ground (deck) once I stepped foot on the ship. 

51339A1C-EB72-486E-87EC-DB6482A44107.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 6
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

When did they get a cruise terminal ? 
last time I was there it was just a tent 

We embarked in the terminal for Reflection in August and disembarked in the tent because Beyond got the terminal.

Welcome aboard everyone. I look forward to meeting all of you at 4:30 at the Sunset Bar on Deck 18 aft.  I hope you enjoy the ship as much as I have on the last cruise.  We have a wonderful staff on board. 

Garry

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, gkm said:

Welcome aboard everyone. I look forward to meeting all of you at 4:30 at the Sunset Bar on Deck 18 aft.  I hope you enjoy the ship as much as I have on the last cruise.  We have a wonderful staff on board. 

Garry

Sorry we won't get to see you on Deck 18 aft. We'll be on Deck 10 at the Sunset Bar!😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, late2cruisin said:

Sorry we won't get to see you on Deck 18 aft. We'll be on Deck 10 at the Sunset Bar!😀

Special secret sail away deck for Retreat guests......

• Haha 1

Most of our bags got to our room fairly quickly. There is one bag that we haven't received but it is on board according to the Apple Airtag (mushroom symbol). The other three bags (eyes, flower, red backpack) are with us (blue dot)

My guess is that it's being detained. Naughty room. I cannot think of a reason why. No alcohol, weapons, or electrical extension cords. We will find out. 

2DBFAAA6-8080-4263-BFD3-E0B2BF700140.thumb.png.b15ec88a20781d62e2ff9cc74a7908f0.png

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 2

Oooooooo, naughty room! 😲

I booked a shore excursion for tomorrow (Toulon) via the app. A flier in the cabin said I will get $10 in OBC for booking that way. I hope I don't have to follow up on that.

Gotta find Deck 18! 😂

There are 120 members that introduced themselves to this sailing's roll call.  We seem like a good group.  Good thing since we are stuck with each other for 15 nights.

Here are some general information about the group.  The state/province claimed the most frequently as home was........Florida by a huge margin--around 37.  Second place was Ontario, Canada with 9.

Here is a breakdown on where our roll call members stayed right before the cruise (among those that reported what they were doing):

1. 26 members were on the prior sailing (9 night Ravenna to Civitavecchia).

2. 13 stayed in Civitavecchia.

3. 6 stayed in the Albergo del Senato Hotel in Rome.

4. 6 stayed at the Hilton Rome Airport.

@baluchistan splits her residence time between Velletri, Italy and Baltimore and so she wins the prize for the most convenient pre-cruise plan which was to be at home. 

To give you an idea of cabin type distribution, here is frequency chart for the 88 members who declared their cabin number.

image.png.5efe3693d2f4070098862016bccebb44.png

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 5

86F291EF-41E3-45E5-A802-6857D4918755.thumb.jpeg.68c25347d84f1ac97d143b1120a327e2.jpeg

We have Early Seating at the MDR. Our wait staff seems good. I presume that "0" means no Sommelier for our table?

CA4A7B50-FCBB-4FCB-B35B-775DEAA2CF9D.thumb.jpeg.51dc98d75d0aa104fef110ff04cce927.jpeg

Select Seating is downstairs on Deck 4. Early Seating is up here on Deck 5. The whole port side of the bDeck 5 dining room is empty. 

E3CE7138-DE70-4411-A2DF-304122476CCB.thumb.jpeg.075cc8734d0f3c63d2f69e319bc941f4.jpeg

5 hours ago, mahdnc said:

We haven't been on a cruise since the pandemic, so the whole thing was thrilling. I was so excited that I was tempted to do the Pope thing and kiss the ground (deck) once I stepped foot on the ship. 

I felt the same way when we took our first post-pandemic cruise in 2021!  Such a great feeling to be back to cruising ❤️

• Like 1

Sorry about the mistaken deck number for the sail away. Fat fingers at work again. It was great to see the nice turnout even though we had high winds occurring.  The name tags are great!

Garry

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, vickykay said:

Would love to see photos from those who went to Aix.  This would have been our third attempt to visit there.   Enjoy.

Vicky, here's our photo:

16549277-86DD-4DB3-A258-8959066C1EAB.jpeg

Poster child for Celebrity's marketing campaign for their shore excursions. 

Edited by mahdnc
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

We were there 10 years ago in a rain storm 😢 on the Equinox TA 

We had to take a water shuttle from where we dock into Toulon

Are they still doing that ? 

Yes, a water shuttle is available for people who want to go to town. Celebrity shorex buses pick up right at the pier. Private tours can pick up outside the gate. 

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

We were there 10 years ago in a rain storm 😢 on the Equinox TA 

We had to take a water shuttle from where we dock into Toulon

Are they still doing that ? 

We actually docked at La Seyne, across the bay from Toulon.  The local ferry was 4 euros round trip to Toulon.  The Celebrity ferry was 20 euros.  😎

• Thanks 1