Live: Oct 22 2022 Constellation Mediterranean Passage Transatlantic

mahdnc

Hi David. Welcome to Italy!  We are in Messina today.  It won’t be long now until we meet.  We continue to have beautiful weather and warm days.  Get rested up today and enjoy Rome. As one of the back to backers, I can say that this is a well cared for and loved ship.  

To anyone with questions, I am in a Sky Suite on Deck 6. We eat in Luminae and are quite happy with the staff. My cabin steward is the best and tries to fulfill our every request and so far has done a wonderful job.  We will be in the same cabin for the TA.

Garry

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Provence55always said:

Good morning David, looking forward to meeting you onboard on the 22nd. Enjoy your time in Rome.

Good morning, Noreen. Looking forward to meeting you and Peader!

We checked into the Albergo del Senato at about 945am this morning. We have a nice view of the Pantheon:

D87EF599-9B13-4B4B-841D-8792A3D70CA2.thumb.jpeg.db8f918e4c50c6587bfceb8d83b4648a.jpeg

• Like 10

3 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Good morning, Noreen. Looking forward to meeting you and Peader!

We checked into the Albergo del Senato at about 945am this morning. We have a nice view of the Pantheon:

D87EF599-9B13-4B4B-841D-8792A3D70CA2.thumb.jpeg.db8f918e4c50c6587bfceb8d83b4648a.jpeg

They gave you my room! 😀

Have a great time on your tours, and I will see you Friday.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, gkm said:

We eat in Luminae and are quite happy with the staff.

Who are some of the staff in Luminae now?  We had the most amazing team last year and I realize it is a long shot since they would have had time to go home by now and may not have returned to Connie but it would be great to see some of them again.  Russell, Gede, Suraj, Milo, and Ana are a few that I remember.

• Like 2

Milo is the sommilier and Vladimir is the Maitre’D (but he is leaving in Rome).  Our waiter is Ryan (there are two Ryans that they refer to as “R1 and R2”).  Our assistant waiter is a real sweetheart named Marvik (I think that’s spelled correctly - we call her Vicki).  Service has been very good but mostly a little bit slow.

• Thanks 1

It is now 525pm. We are pretty jet lagged because we didn't sleep hardly at all on the plane. 

After our early check in, we spent time in the room taking showers and getting settled in this morning. 

We went out to grab lunch. And then we visited Piazza Navona which is only a few minutes walk from the hotel. 

CF67ED74-5D2E-435C-AEA4-F77C67FA9629.thumb.jpeg.41028084ea444a86b4cd804125a2ce55.jpeg

• Like 7

We then visited the Pantheon which is only a few seconds walk from the hotel. The admission is free, but we purchased a guided tour (25 euros pp). Then it was back to the hotel because we were tired. 

01D3C9D5-E32D-48DE-8392-8F8133F8F557.thumb.jpeg.762c72f71fbdb7b94ee9e5edf0be8922.jpeg

• Like 5

Really looking forward to reading what you get up to in Rome as we are staying there for 4 nights before our cruise on the Beyond next summer. It’s been 25 years since our last visit so I need a wee memory jog. Thank you for including details of your pre- cruise trip. Enjoy 😊 

18 minutes ago, mchell810 said:

I will be staying at the same hotel next month; would love to hear your thoughts on it once you're over the jet lag 😉

Looking forward to hearing about your cruise, especially how it feels to be just a couple this time. 😀

I will give you our thoughts in a few days. So far we are very happy. Room is nicely appointed and clean. Front desk is friendly and competent

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scottishclover said:

Really looking forward to reading what you get up to in Rome as we are staying there for 4 nights before our cruise on the Beyond next summer. It’s been 25 years since our last visit so I need a wee memory jog. Thank you for including details of your pre- cruise trip. Enjoy 😊 

Our Rome plans:

Day 1 (today): Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps. We didn't do the last two because we were tired. 

Day 2: Private guided tour with an archeologist for Roman Forum and Palatine Hill. Then do the Underground Tour of the Colosseum. Afternoon is open. 

Day 3: Private guided tour of Ostia with the same guide. Afternoon is open. 

Day 4: Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel. Afternoon is open. 

Day 5: Scavi guided tour, St Peter's Basilica and Dome climb. Afternoon is open. 

During the afternoons, we will be fitting in other things. 

• Like 3

On 10/16/2022 at 1:13 PM, mahdnc said:

There are quite a few roll call members that were on the cancelled Constellation WB TA's from a year or two ago.  

That's us !!  We are finishing the packing - haven't flown since before covid so the packing itself is something of an adventure !  We leave on Wednesday for two nights in Rome where we will hopefully be able to FINALLY do the Scavi tour at the Vatican.  We are in Aqua - our third time on the Constellation (Aqua and a Sky Suite before).  Love the ship.  

We will add our two cents as we go along.  Safe travel, everyone !!

Linda and Joe

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

Our Rome plans:

Day 1 (today): Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps. We didn't do the last two because we were tired. 

Day 2: Private guided tour with an archeologist for Roman Forum and Palatine Hill. Then do the Underground Tour of the Colosseum. Afternoon is open. 

Day 3: Private guided tour of Ostia with the same guide. Afternoon is open. 

Day 4: Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel. Afternoon is open. 

Day 5: Scavi guided tour, St Peter's Basilica and Dome climb. Afternoon is open. 

During the afternoons, we will be fitting in other things. 

What time is your Scavi tour?  We are at 11.

Linda

8 hours ago, prmssk said:

Who are some of the staff in Luminae now?  We had the most amazing team last year and I realize it is a long shot since they would have had time to go home by now and may not have returned to Connie but it would be great to see some of them again.  Russell, Gede, Suraj, Milo, and Ana are a few that I remember.

We heard that Russell is back on the ship, but in the MDR.  

We will be looking for Horas in Blu.  Great guy !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goofysmom99 said:

Russell is MDR maitre d'.

Great news, Ruth!  Good for her!  She really knows how to make a team function smoothly.  Please give her our thanks again for her service in Luminae.  Tell her it was the Andersons on the Connie restart and say "Goat Cheese Souffle" and she'll know right away!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Great news, Ruth!  Good for her!  She really knows how to make a team function smoothly.  Please give her our thanks again for her service in Luminae.  Tell her it was the Andersons on the Connie restart and say "Goat Cheese Souffle" and she'll know right away!

Will do.

• Like 1