Jeans in the MDR?

schildiams

6 hours ago, SuperCurmudgeon said:

Just did a 7 day Eastern Caribbean on the Nieuw Amsterdam. We didn’t see any dress code enforcement in the MDR for dinner. Jeans, shorts, jean cut-offs, t-shirts and baseball caps. At least there were no wife beater shirts. This was our least favourite cruise.

No wife beater shirts.  Kind of a drag.  My new hobby is reading tatoos.  I can't keep up.

• Haha 1

On 12/7/2022 at 7:34 PM, schildiams said:

First Holland cruise. Are nice jeans with a collared shirt acceptable for my husband in the MDR?

They certainly should be.  Denny’s allows jeans and t-shirts. 
i just got off the Rotterdam this past Sunday.  The first night the MDR menu  included among their eight or nine offerings pot roast, lasagna, roasted chicken legs, and spaghetti and meatballs.  Nary a steak in sight.  
I was on the Rotterdam a year ago over Thanksgiving. There was a world of difference between then and now, and none of it for the better.  Not sure HAL can keep this 3* (and close to 4*) cruiser.  

costco has 2 or 3 kinds of men's 'tech pants' on sale lately, around 15-20 bucks.  I'm amazed that people would not buy them when a) they look a tad dressier than jeans b) they don't shrink and c) they're really light weight, probably a third the mass of jeans.  I don't remember them existing 20 years ago (or maybe they were like 4x the price, only available at places like REI), but now even lowly vulgarians like me can afford them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SuperCurmudgeon said:

Just did a 7 day Eastern Caribbean on the Nieuw Amsterdam. We didn’t see any dress code enforcement in the MDR for dinner. Jeans, shorts, jean cut-offs, t-shirts and baseball caps. At least there were no wife beater shirts. This was our least favourite cruise.

Ours too, food and entertainment was the worst of our 24 HAL cruises, service was great and the ship was beautiful, clean and in great shape.