RCL Ovation of the Seas - Lack of Entertainment?

Matkai

35 minutes ago, M-H-B said:

Is all the comedy PG/G or is it split - the earlier sessions family friendly and the later ones for 18+ the way Carnival do it?

Thanks!

The comedy is split with a late night rated show. Not sure on this cruise, but definitely on last cruise.

• Thanks 1

Guest The Peoples Champion

Just completed 2 cruises in the last 6 weeks with Royal Caribbean and they have dropped the ball bigtime on many things.

Embarkation on both cruises was a first class debacle, entertainment ordinary at best, schooner bar entertainment, dreadful, elevator music was better.

Headline acts, sub standard.

The heavy selling is relentless which is quite off putting.

The Royal theme night are well worn and tired, would’ve thought during the Cruise pause, someone would’ve look at a couple of these performances.

Food choice is less and very predictable, whilst English bacon has disappeared completely until the last breakfast day on embarkation morning in the Windjammer.

Windjammer dinner nights, some offer complimentary ice cream on some nights while other nights they try and hit you up for $3.25US.

Pretty ordinary considering it was complimentary ever night in the past.

Stateroom service isn’t as often as before, probably because staff have to attend more rooms.

Cruise just disembarked this morning, I suspect my linen wasn’t change from the previous cruise as I notice a recent stain on a sheet that is normally tucked under the mattress but that part of the sheet worked it’s way out.

Staff trying their best for sure, RCG Management to blame here.

Royal Caribbean rating out of 10 pre CoVid 9/10.

Royal Caribbean rating out of 10 present day 6.5/10.

From my recent experience will cruise again, most likely with RCG but in no hurry to do it again in the next 12-18 months.

7DD335F4-C730-41E9-ACB5-A449BC9FC67E.thumb.jpeg.f4db1054912d23cb2831577745abc6cb.jpeg

Edited by The Peoples Champion

4 minutes ago, The Peoples Champion said:

Just completed 2 cruises in the last 6 weeks with Royal Caribbean and they have dropped the ball bigtime on many things.

Embarkation on both cruises was a first class debacle, entertainment ordinary at best, schooner bar entertainment, dreadful, elevator music was better.

The Royal theme night are well worn and tired, would’ve thought during the Cruise pause, someone would’ve look at a couple of these performances.

Food choice is less and very predictable, whilst English bacon has disappeared completely until the last breakfast day on embarkation morning in the Windjammer.

Windjammer dinner nights, some offer complimentary ice cream on some nights while other nights they try and hit you up for $3.25US.

Stateroom service isn’t as often as before, probably because staff have to attend more rooms.

Cruise just disembarked this morning, I suspect my linen wasn’t change from the previous cruise as I notice a recent stain on a sheet that is tucked under the mattress but worked it’s way out.

From my recent experience will cruise again, most likely with RCG but in no hurry to do it again in the next 12-18 months.

7DD335F4-C730-41E9-ACB5-A449BC9FC67E.thumb.jpeg.f4db1054912d23cb2831577745abc6cb.jpeg

Do you think this is just in Australia?   We did three cruises..,one around the UK and two in the Med,   We had no issues….do you think the Covid issues are causing them too many problems?   Staff shortages, entertainment staff issues?

Eileen

11 minutes ago, Cruisers47 said:

Do you think this is just in Australia?   We did three cruises..,one around the UK and two in the Med,   We had no issues….do you think the Covid issues are causing them too many problems?   Staff shortages, entertainment staff issues?

Eileen

I think the cutbacks are a business decision which is all about the bottom line being profit which is understandable.

When it comes to the entertainment the more popular better known acts feel safer performing at home than to enter into stint on a cruise ship.

This was told to me not by staff but by an act on there.

Their booking agent is reluctant to book jobs on cruise ships at present.

CoVid has impact the front line troops on a cruise ship, less staff, more work.

Here is one, we had dinner for the first time in the solarium bistro on the last day before getting off and the waiter brings us a folder and a pen  with the bill showing $0.00.

Clearly expecting a tip, any tip was never going to happen.

Edited by The Peoples Champion

3 hours ago, The Peoples Champion said:

Cruise just disembarked this morning, I suspect my linen wasn’t change from the previous cruise as I notice a recent stain on a sheet that is normally tucked under the mattress but that part of the sheet worked it’s way out.

We’re you one of the people complaining about no pillow chocolates that disappeared 17 years ago.

Take a deep breath,the world is coming out of a crisis.

Pore thing has a stain on the sheets.

5 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Washy washy for yummy yummy in tummy tummy.

I did fail to mention that they have done the Christmas decorations and atmosphere very well.

Not everything was a few levels down.

24F60DD6-7C79-4939-A157-192052888E1F.jpeg

8D600DD4-C6D2-4764-8B01-C9AFAE746EBB.jpeg

30F26D78-99A3-4D65-A823-C54BA9924C0E.jpeg

1 hour ago, The Peoples Champion said:

I did fail to mention that they have done the Christmas decorations and atmosphere very well.

Not everything was a few levels down.

24F60DD6-7C79-4939-A157-192052888E1F.jpeg

8D600DD4-C6D2-4764-8B01-C9AFAE746EBB.jpeg

30F26D78-99A3-4D65-A823-C54BA9924C0E.jpeg

That was nice, I remember before the pandemic the electricians  built a Christmas tree out of old bulbs.

Unfortunately a lot of people are taking their frustrations out on the crew.

My favourite was a woman demanding for one of the crew to push her around the ship and Hobart on a wheelchair .
She didn’t seem disabled as she was standing and arguing with the hotel manager.

Edited by Chiliburn

26 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Unfortunately a lot of people are taking their frustrations out on the crew.

My favourite was a woman demanding for one of the crew to push her around the ship and Hobart on a wheelchair .
She didn’t seem disabled as she was standing and arguing with the hotel manager.

I haven't seen anything like that yet and hope I never do.  I am sure that most of us are just happy to be on a cruise where the cooking and cleaning is done for us.

7 minutes ago, Rassa said:

I haven't seen anything like that yet and hope I never do.  I am sure that most of us are just happy to be on a cruise where the cooking and cleaning is done for us.

Maybe I move in the wrong circles Rassa.

But it wasn’t just me,the staff on Ovation are doing their best.

• Like 4