Parking - Port Canaveral for Cruise on Independence

Travelbugs2.2

Hi

We will be taking a cruise on Independence over Xmas, and plan to park at the port / terminal (rather than one of the off site parks).

which terminal does Independence sail from?

Also - is it very straight forward parking at these lots ? I assume no pre bookings required and we just pay on entry?

thanks

T

Edited by Travelbugs2.2

I always went with cost.  Off site is cheaper so we did off site.  Last PC cruise I just didn’t have what I call the “bandwidth” to deal with it so we parked at the terminal.  OMG HALLELUJAH!!!  What a breeze!  More than worth the cost for the convenience.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, poocher said:

I always went with cost.  Off site is cheaper so we did off site.  Last PC cruise I just didn’t have what I call the “bandwidth” to deal with it so we parked at the terminal.  OMG HALLELUJAH!!!  What a breeze!  More than worth the cost for the convenience.

Indeed, we used to do the off site parking for many years.  That parking method ended up being less and less convenient and more and more of a PIA.   Now we always park directly at the terminal. 

• Like 1

Before the pandemic we parked off site, too.  When we started using them, the lot we used was substantially cheaper and we we grew accustomed to their  lot/shuttle services.    When cruises re-started, we wanted to avoid shared shuttles, so we parked at the terminal.  Now we are accustomed to that convenience.  We are unlikely to give up that convenience, especially as prices at our former off site parking have risen, reducing the savings.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, poocher said:

Yeah - we’ve always parked off site in the past, and to be fair - never had any issues.   But for this one, we just figured, it’s Xmas, likely to be very busy, and anything that will save time and hassle on the way we’re happy to do!   

If you're the type that likes to give yourself a day of buffer room by showing up the day before, this place is nice:

Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral Hotel

You park your car at the hotel. They'll shuttle you to and from the port, and it's a pretty nice place that serves both Breakfast and Dinner.

Edited by PolicromaSol

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, VentureForth said:

If we DO choose to park off site is the a best choice? We're fairly local, so don't want a park and stay motel.  Some advertise as low as $6.95. Are they reliable? Are three hidden fees? $35 vs $85 for 5 days seems like a no brainer to us. 

You can go on their website and do a mock booking. Who is offering $6.95 a day?

On 12/10/2022 at 8:53 AM, island lady said:

As Ellen stated...very easy peasy to use T#1.  

Easy to drive in, drop your checked bags with the porters, then heading back out take a U Turn up into the garage, prepay, then self park.  

I find it even easier to skip the drop off and park near the elevator. The porters are right there at the ground floor elevators... Love it and the extra cost is worth getting off the ship at the end of the cruise and getting in your car and leaving with no lines to pay on your way out! Yes, it's expensive ($17 per day) but we find it worth it for us.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

I find it even easier to skip the drop off and park near the elevator. The porters are right there at the ground floor elevators... Love it and the extra cost is worth getting off the ship at the end of the cruise and getting in your car and leaving with no lines to pay on your way out! Yes, it's expensive ($17 per day) but we find it worth it for us.

I like the drop off for checked bags.  Done and gone, which I do early to secure favored parking spot inside the garage before it gets filled up

Pre pay and self park, leaving carry on bags in the vehicle.  Walk over to Grills for a Bloody Mary on the dock to admire our new home away from home.   At assigned check in time, we walk back over to collect carry on bags with a relaxed mood...check in and walk onto the ship.  

With arriving early before our check in time, that favored parking spot is indeed easier to find near the elevators.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, VentureForth said:

If we DO choose to park off site is the a best choice? We're fairly local, so don't want a park and stay motel.  Some advertise as low as $6.95. Are they reliable? Are three hidden fees? $35 vs $85 for 5 days seems like a no brainer to us. 

Since they are not exclusive to Royal Caribbean, you may find more information on off site parking on the Florida Departures Boards.  I personally have not seen prices below $10 per day recently, and I cannot tell you about reliability.  People from other cruiselines use the off site lots, so the Departure board is a place to discuss those lots.

5 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Since they are not exclusive to Royal Caribbean, you may find more information on off site parking on the Florida Departures Boards.  I personally have not seen prices below $10 per day recently, and I cannot tell you about reliability.  People from other cruiselines use the off site lots, so the Departure board is a place to discuss those lots.

I just looked and the cheapest I saw is $10.95 and it came to $71 for the OP's 5 days.  They also charge the extra day.  Lets see $85 at the port or $71 off site (and that doesn't count tipping the shuttles driver)😇

19 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I just looked and the cheapest I saw is $10.95 and it came to $71 for the OP's 5 days.  They also charge the extra day.  Lets see $85 at the port or $71 off site (and that doesn't count tipping the shuttles driver)😇

Sigh…I tried to send this to FL departures but you’re pulling me back😉.

I have never used them, but cruisetime parking is $10/day (min $50) including shuttle for up to 4.

Several years ago there was a lot we found inexpensive, convenient and reliable.  Their prices have risen, and both their terms and their location changed.  Since the restart we have parked at the port.  We have an upcoming cruise that will embark at one terminal and disembark at another per the PC schedule.  We are considering parking off site in that case.