Zuiderdam WC 2024 on wait list for Signature Suite-Anyone Else?

kevingastreich

We put down a deposit for a Signature Suite for the 2024 WC. The last time I checked, Vista Suites and Neptune Suites were available for immediate booking but there is a waitlist for SS. Is anyone else around here on the Signature Suite waitlist?  The suspense is killing me.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, kevingastreich said:

We put down a deposit for a Signature Suite for the 2024 WC. The last time I checked, Vista Suites and Neptune Suites were available for immediate booking but there is a waitlist for SS. Is anyone else around here on the Signature Suite waitlist?  The suspense is killing me.  Thanks.

Final payment is over eight months away.  Don't expect much until the June payment is due and, then, until after final payment in September.  Relax.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevingastreich said:

Well, we definitely thought about that but we didn't want to get "stuck" with it if a SS does not become available.  We don't want to do it in anything less than a Signature Suite.

There will be cancellations even if all Neptune Suites are booked. So SS will be asked to upgrade and Vistas to fill those down the line. If you have a good TA, they will be aggressive in getting HAL to upgrade you. On our first GWC we booked a lesser cabin category and were upgraded to Neptune at less than half the earlier rate. The risk reward was worth it. For later GWC we booked vista's because that's really all we needed. It's nice having more room but we didn't need it, (although we missed the lounge). You have plenty of time to worry about it. 😁

14 hours ago, REOVA said:

There will be cancellations even if all Neptune Suites are booked. So SS will be asked to upgrade and Vistas to fill those down the line. If you have a good TA, they will be aggressive in getting HAL to upgrade you. On our first GWC we booked a lesser cabin category and were upgraded to Neptune at less than half the earlier rate. The risk reward was worth it. For later GWC we booked vista's because that's really all we needed. It's nice having more room but we didn't need it, (although we missed the lounge). You have plenty of time to worry about it. 😁

Why would you be stuck with a Vista if a SS didn't come through?  You can always cancel prior to final payment, or even later if you want to pay for the insurance.  You have been given some good suggestions to promote the possibility of an upgrade.  If HAL needs to upgrade the Vista Suites to SS by upgrading the latter to Neptunes and you are not booked in a Vista, where does that leave you?  Very possibly out.  Doesn't make sense to me, having experienced being offered an upgrade from an SS to a Neptune and reading countless other reports of the same.  

56 minutes ago, Lazy_Triathlete said:

The Zuiderdam has Vista Suites?   Or does the Verandah sell as a Vista Suite?  

I think that they are called Vista Suites on this class because they are eligible for double points, but there is only one balcony class, so the balcony sells as a suite.

9 hours ago, oakridger said:

@Tampa GirlZuiderdam has Verandah cabins, and no Vista Suite cabins.  Look at the deck plan here:

Zuiderdam Deck Plans, Layouts, Pictures, Videos (cruisedeckplans.com)

~Nancy

You are right that they are not called Vista Suites.  However, does HAL not classify these verandah cabins or, as they used to be called, Verandah Suites, as a suite for the purpose of double points?  I believe they used to be called verandah suites, and for years we booked only these cabins and we always got double points.  Then . . . we got introduced to the Neptune Suites, which has now put an end to our booking verandah cabins.  Hard to go back!.  

11 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

However, does HAL not classify these verandah cabins or, as they used to be called, Verandah Suites, as a suite for the purpose of double points?  

When I was on Zuiderdam in a veranda I didn't get double points.  (And I paid double as a solo, but that's a whole other discussion)

~Nancy

• Like 1

8 hours ago, oakridger said:

When I was on Zuiderdam in a veranda I didn't get double points.  (And I paid double as a solo, but that's a whole other discussion)

~Nancy

Perhaps I am thinking of the S and R class ships, which do not have Signature Suites or "Vista suites."  They have Verandah cabins and Neptune Suites, and we did get double points on those ships for verandahs.  That would make sense. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2022 at 12:10 PM, Florida_gal_50 said:

It sounds like you don't really want to go that bad if you are willing to take the gamble that one may open up.

Oh, we want to go pretty bad alright.  The thing is, we won't take an inside or a Pinnacle either.  We want a Signature Suite and are willing to buy one just like all the other people who apparently have already beaten us to it.

On 12/12/2022 at 1:52 AM, oakridger said:

@Tampa GirlZuiderdam has Verandah cabins, and no Vista Suite cabins.  Look at the deck plan here:

Zuiderdam Deck Plans, Layouts, Pictures, Videos (cruisedeckplans.com)

~Nancy

I think you are right about that.  Our PCC said it is a Verandah but on the WC it is eligible for double points.

1 hour ago, kevingastreich said:

I think you are right about that.  Our PCC said it is a Verandah but on the WC it is eligible for double points.

I am surprised that Verandahs vs. Verandah Suites get double points.  Have you checked with the Mariner Society to see if your PCC is correct?  A Zaandam Verandah is not a suite cabin.

"Mariner Society

When you cruise with Holland America Line, you’re automatically enrolled in our Mariner Society®. As a member, you’ll earn Cruise Day credits for every day you cruise and for each purchase you make onboard. Earn bonus credits when you pay a published fare for a suite or penthouse and for each $300 in eligible onboard purchases.*"

Just now, Tampa Girl said:

I am surprised that Verandahs vs. Verandah Suites get double points.  Have you checked with the Mariner Society to see if your PCC is correct?  A Zaandam Verandah is not a suite cabin.

"Mariner Society

When you cruise with Holland America Line, you’re automatically enrolled in our Mariner Society®. As a member, you’ll earn Cruise Day credits for every day you cruise and for each purchase you make onboard. Earn bonus credits when you pay a published fare for a suite or penthouse and for each $300 in eligible onboard purchases.*"

Correction:  I meant a Zuiderdam Verandah, not a Zaandam Verandah.  Sorry.

9 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

"Mariner Society

Our PCC said he "Checked with his friend in the Mariner Society and that is correct" so I took his word for it.

On 12/11/2022 at 9:57 AM, Tampa Girl said:

Why would you be stuck with a Vista if a SS didn't come through?  You can always cancel prior to final payment, or even later if you want to pay for the insurance.  You have been given some good suggestions to promote the possibility of an upgrade.  If HAL needs to upgrade the Vista Suites to SS by upgrading the latter to Neptunes and you are not booked in a Vista, where does that leave you?  Very possibly out.  Doesn't make sense to me, having experienced being offered an upgrade from an SS to a Neptune and reading countless other reports of the same.  

Yes, I'm sure the upsell offers will begin soon enough!