My first cruise on Koningsdam - review and thoughts

zhuangcorp

Just now, Mary229 said:

Absolutely.  When it became clear in 2020 that travel would suffer huge future price increases I went into action.  Normally I had only one cruise booked and wouldn’t book another until I was on the ship.  In recent times I have booked as much as I can, locking in today’s price where I can.  There will be price inflation .  In a year we will be discussing price shocks more than downgrades in services. 

I have 5 booked (up until March 2024).  I am keeping my fingers crossed that my price will be much less than when people really start looking at those cruises!!

• Like 1

I have no cruises booked right now nor am I motivated to book any.  I can’t remember any cruise that I’ve booked in the last 15 years that didn’t drop drastically.  I have not booked any once a year itineraries which would definitely go up in price.  I’ve heard this story before.  I’ll believe it when I see it, or don’t.

On 12/10/2022 at 4:47 PM, Heartgrove said:

Not sure why. Maybe they embellished the story? But you have sailed a lot and I am sure that you have seen the waiters cleaning the utensils before being used. Right?

Waiters needing to "clean" the utensils is a problem in itself. What if they forget or are not thorough enough? The washing equipment should be checked.  I believe the story.

1 hour ago, kevingastreich said:

Waiters needing to "clean" the utensils is a problem in itself. What if they forget or are not thorough enough? The washing equipment should be checked.  I believe the story.

lol, well I don't understand why this story is hard to believe for somebody. I received a spoon, and the spoon part was alright, but the handle was mostly covered by a sticky brown substance almost like drying caramel. 

I called over a waiter and asked for a new spoon. He looked at the spoon and agreed that it was wrong and walked back to the little kitchen booth while trying to scratch off the caramel from the spoon. 

8 hours ago, zhuangcorp said:

lol, well I don't understand why this story is hard to believe for somebody. I received a spoon, and the spoon part was alright, but the handle was mostly covered by a sticky brown substance almost like drying caramel. 

I called over a waiter and asked for a new spoon. He looked at the spoon and agreed that it was wrong and walked back to the little kitchen booth while trying to scratch off the caramel from the spoon. 

I had a sticky spoon in the dining room last cruise.  I notified the wait staff and they replaced my entire service just to be sure.  It could be an uncleaned utensil or it could have been the person setting the table🤷‍♀️

Edited by Mary229

13 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Absolutely.  When it became clear in 2020 that travel would suffer huge future price increases I went into action.  Normally I had only one cruise booked and wouldn’t book another until I was on the ship.  In recent times I have booked as much as I can, locking in today’s price where I can.  There will be price inflation .  In a year we will be discussing price shocks more than downgrades in services. 

I’m not sure how much inflation there will be in pricing but I too book fairly long out quite often.  It’s paid off in the past and has again.  My Norway collectors’ cruise is currently nearly $4,000 now than my confirmation.