Naples Cruise Terminal

Mizzou70

First, make certain when your date gets closer which berthing space you are docking at Stazione Marittima. I only say that as a there is space for a ship that is not by the terminal buildng. Not knowing the date, a number of MSC ships will be there in December as well. There is some seating on the upper floor of the terminal that family should be able to wait for you. Maybe others will have a better suggestion.

4 hours ago, Mizzou70 said:

We are hoping to meet family in Naples when our cruise docks in December.  Does anyone know a good spot to meet in the cruise terminal?

When we docked there in September, we were not even allowed in the terminal. We were walked out of the port to the streets. Those with excursions just got on the buses right off the ship. 

I've been there a couple of times with Viking and I can't remember if we had show our keycards in order to get through the gate before entering the terminal. Maybe someone else has a better memory than it do.

If as Dr. Koob suggests, the terminal is not being used, then there are a couple of cafes on the property where you could meet.

Cafe/bars are highlighted in yellow, Red T by the two bars is a cab stand. Red X in front of the terminal is another possible meeting spot (but does not offer shelter).

image.thumb.png.b2ccfb768d4a7b5ac7a6904a8defeefa.png

Our Viking Ocean cruise in October docked in Fusina and we boarded buses and were driven about 30 mins to the former cruise terminal. No buildings appeared open and waited outdoors in line for a water taxi which was another 30+ minute ride to stop a few blocks from Piazza San Marco.  Not sure if there are restrictions entering cruise terminal property but is sure seemed very deserted when we arrived there and we were taxied back to same area but had to go through immigration prior to getting back on buses to Fusina.

6 minutes ago, Pegct said:

Our Viking Ocean cruise in October docked in Fusina and we boarded buses and were driven about 30 mins to the former cruise terminal. No buildings appeared open and waited outdoors in line for a water taxi which was another 30+ minute ride to stop a few blocks from Piazza San Marco.  Not sure if there are restrictions entering cruise terminal property but is sure seemed very deserted when we arrived there and we were taxied back to same area but had to go through immigration prior to getting back on buses to Fusina.

This thread is about Naples, not Venice.

Was at Naples cruise terminal a couple of days ago and entry was controlled by immigration guards.

I would suggest you walk directly in a straight line from the point where you leave the port area,cross the main road and meet at the end of a side road that leads into Naples proper.

This is what our guide told us to do to get to the main tourist area to sample pizzas and shop.

Muzzou70,  Could you report back what your experience ends up being?  I have older relatives in the area as well, and in the past (pre Covid) we always paid dearly to take private transportation to their home near Caserta.  With the cost of everything having gone up so much, I was thinking that next year when we are in Naples again of asking them if they could come to us.  DH thinks the security at Naples port is very high, though, so he thinks as sugarside mentions that we probably would have to meet outside the port area, which is too bad as the Naples port building has lots of shops and small places to eat and would be a great place to meet.  Good luck and hope you can post after your cruise!