Check in Time & Boarding Time

eltigre

We are booked on a Feb 25th sailing & I can not check in on line until Feb. 11th. Also when speaking to a Carnival rep I was told earliest boarding time for that cruise was 1:30. Has something changed since my last sailing in 2019? I thought we checked in much earlier & 11:30 was an available boarding time.

Thanks 

8 minutes ago, eltigre said:

We are booked on a Feb 25th sailing & I can not check in on line until Feb. 11th. Also when speaking to a Carnival rep I was told earliest boarding time for that cruise was 1:30. Has something changed since my last sailing in 2019? I thought we checked in much earlier & 11:30 was an available boarding time.

Thanks 

Which home port?

1 hour ago, eltigre said:

Long Beach is the port and apparently I won't be able to select anything before 1:30

We sailed out of Long Beach a couple of weeks ago on the Panorama. We are Platinum so we were able to check in at 16 days out instead of 14. We got the 10:00-10:30 arrival time slot which is the earliest. We arrived at 10:00 am and at 11:00 am sharp they started the boarding process. We were in Cucina Del Capitano by 11:15. The ship sets sail at 4:00 pm so there’s no way boarding wouldn’t start until 1:30 pm. If you’re doing the Panorama I think there was a miscommunication or misunderstanding of some sort because there’s no way they would board that late. In fact, all of my cruises have started boarding at 11:00 and the ship sets sail at 4:00. It’s Carnival’s standard operating procedure. 

We did the Panorama out of long beach in October and got a 10:00 checkin time. I am not platinum and  did online checkin when it opened which was 9 pm the night before since checkin time based on Midnight Eastern time and we are in pacific.

12 hours ago, cruisinqt said:

We sailed out of Long Beach a couple of weeks ago on the Panorama. We are Platinum so we were able to check in at 16 days out instead of 14. We got the 10:00-10:30 arrival time slot which is the earliest. We arrived at 10:00 am and at 11:00 am sharp they started the boarding process. We were in Cucina Del Capitano by 11:15. The ship sets sail at 4:00 pm so there’s no way boarding wouldn’t start until 1:30 pm. If you’re doing the Panorama I think there was a miscommunication or misunderstanding of some sort because there’s no way they would board that late. In fact, all of my cruises have started boarding at 11:00 and the ship sets sail at 4:00. It’s Carnival’s standard operating procedure. 

Wonder if agent was thinking of cabin availability?

1 hour ago, pinklucky61 said:

Wonder if agent was thinking of cabin availability?

There’s definitely a miscommunication somewhere. There’s no way the earliest boarding time is 1:30. Maybe she was thinking of latest boarding time. But those Carnival reps are notorious for giving out bad info and not knowing what they’re talking about. They need to give them more training. 

• Like 1