How much time to tender in Cabo?

Colorado Cruzer

The private tour I booked with Picacho Adventures decided to move up the tours by 30 minutes on me so I'm wondering if anyone has done this cruise recently and can tell me what time they got to the tender dock?  We arrive at 10am according to Carnival's schedule and our tour pick up is all the way over by the Puerto Paraiso mall or the Pancho statue at 11am.  I have never tried to get off in Cabo right away so I don't know if we'll make it. Is that enough time to get on a tender boat and get to the mall in a cab, no way we can walk it in that time I think? 

Thanks for your help!

29 minutes ago, Colorado Cruzer said:

The private tour I booked with Picacho Adventures decided to move up the tours by 30 minutes on me so I'm wondering if anyone has done this cruise recently and can tell me what time they got to the tender dock?  We arrive at 10am according to Carnival's schedule and our tour pick up is all the way over by the Puerto Paraiso mall or the Pancho statue at 11am.  I have never tried to get off in Cabo right away so I don't know if we'll make it. Is that enough time to get on a tender boat and get to the mall in a cab, no way we can walk it in that time I think? 

Thanks for your help!

You can get up super early and grab one of the first tender tags. They are fairly prompt in making it a 20 minute turn around. 

Which ship are you on?  I hate to say it, but we had terrible tender issues on the Panorama a few months ago.  We are platinum and had gotten instructions for early access to the tenders and got off fairly quickly.  When we returned to the ship after a couple of hours, we realized people were still trying to get off the ship.  At dinner that night, people were so upset - apparently some people decided not to even got off, afraid they'd have to turn around and try to get back on an hour later.  I'm not sure what happened, but there were a lot of very unhappy people.  Hopefully it was an isolated incident.

I've never clocked it, and I never grab an early tender. I don't even try to get off the ship until the lines for the tender have gone away!  A leisurely breakfast is important to me!!

Between the ship's planned arrival time and your scheduled tour time is only an hour??  I don't think you can make it.  You will need to wait for the port authorities to allow the passengers to board the tender, then wait for the tender to be filled by a lot of slow-moving passengers, get off the tender (with slow moving people blocking you!), walk to get a cab, cab ride -- I hope you can make it.

1 hour ago, Colorado Cruzer said:

We're gonna try.  The tour operator said he never has any issues with cruise passengers being late.  We will see.  

Weare on the Miracle so about half the passengers as Panorama.  I sure hope it all works out!

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/15/2022 at 8:13 PM, Colorado Cruzer said:

We're gonna try.  The tour operator said he never has any issues with cruise passengers being late.  We will see.  

Weare on the Miracle so about half the passengers as Panorama.  I sure hope it all works out!

How did you get on with your Tender ?  Getting your 11am tour?