Dinner dress on Beyond?

rcplanefan

5 hours ago, TheHawk1 said:

Two people posted photos of the dress code signs on here. Who goes on vacation and does that? Oh right, CC readers who are more interested in what rules people are following or not.

Two items that most wish are not discussed. Voluntary tipping and dress codes. Since the question was posted here dress codes, I could care less. We just try to immerse ourselves in the experience and let the 'illusion' our hosts are trying to create take hold. 

"https://tableagent.com/article/dressing-to-dine-dress-codes-defined/  you can understand why dress codes are sometimes suggested by eateries of a certain merit: they wish for their guests to experience the world they have created. You can savor the luxury of top-notch service best when you too look and feel first-rate. The essence of fine dining wants to take patrons out of their ordinary lives, and for two hours, allow them to bask in the extraordinary experience of their choice. To truly be apart of such a supreme culinary happening—one must look the part and one must dress to dine."

Sneakers are fine along with jeans. The only exceptions are torn jeans and shorts. Celebrity really makes it easy. If you want to wear shorts, try Carnival. By the way, on Carnival dress up nights require baseball hats to be worn correctly, with the brim in front.

• Haha 1

On 12/17/2022 at 8:50 AM, rcplanefan said:

Hello all - we will be on Beyond for the NYE sailing leaving next week. We have never been on a Celebrity ship before, and frankly their website sucks. I'm trying to locate any information on dress code for dinner. I believe I read slacks for men and no shorts. I want to confirm before my 16 year old son gets angry at me when we show up for dinner the first night and everyone is wearing shorts except him. For the record, I prefer a more formal dinner dress.

Thank you in advance!

No shorts except 1st and last night of the cruise. They will enforce that policy and not let you in based on my personal experience and what I have read/heard from others.

On 12/18/2022 at 11:48 AM, TheHawk1 said:

Two people posted photos of the dress code signs on here. Who goes on vacation and does that? Oh right, CC readers who are more interested in what rules people are following or not. 

Yes I like RCI, for the very reason they have relaxed their dress code so that no one is made to feel uncomfortable in their wardrobe choices. I have two cruises booked with Celebrity in the next year and worry that won’t be the case.

The OP was asking for informtion on the dress code and the two photos  contained information that in my experience Celebrity passengers are following in their wardrobe choices. . 

It seems you are stressed about feeling comforatable on Celebrity and your posts are reflecting .that  fear. You will feel comforatable wearing the same type wardrobe on Celebrity as on Royal Caribbean except for shorts at dinner.  It would not bother me at all if dress shorts were a choice at dinner in the MDR or Blu or if you showed up in shorts. If you wear shorts and they turn you away though you might feel uncomfortable. I am told that some MDR hosts do turn away passengers with shorts but I can't verify that as I never observed that happening.  Other than the first night I never recall seeing anyone in shorts at dinner.on Celebrity which is unlike what I have seen on Royal Caribbean where a lot of passengers wear shorts at dinner in the MDR.  Celebrity has definetly relaxed their dress code but not as much as Royal Caribbean has done. You may want to take that into  consideration in picking you wardrobe.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1