Help! Cruise port location Buenos Aires?

anonmom

Does anyone have the physical street address of the cruise port in Buenos Aires? We are sailing on the NCL Star today and everything I found online says Puerto Madero is the cruise port. But when I Google it I don't see any ships. I'm wondering if Puerto Madero is the name of the entire neighborhood?

2 hours ago, anonmom said:

Does anyone have the physical street address of the cruise port in Buenos Aires? We are sailing on the NCL Star today and everything I found online says Puerto Madero is the cruise port. But when I Google it I don't see any ships. I'm wondering if Puerto Madero is the name of the entire neighborhood?

The ship is definitely in port in Buenos Aires. I see it on marinetraffic.com. I'm reasonably certain there's only one cruise port in Buenos Aires and that Puerto Madero is the name of the neighborhood, not the cruise terminal.

I've only disembarked, not embarked, in Buenos Aires so I didn't pay attention to names or exact locations.

We made it! The terminal is called Terminal de cruceros Quinquela Martin if anyone else is lost. Locals only know where to go if you tell them that it is by "El retiro" which is some type of customs house 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...

Not the cheapest but possibly the easiest is Taxi Ezeiza.  There is a booth to book near the arrivals exit.  Apparently the current rate is $43 for 2 and 2 suitcases if you pay with USD or 7,500 Argentine pesos.  The cost in $ is based on the official exchange rate, not the more generous blue rate.  I had read that they don't take credit cards at the booth but when I contacted them on whatsapp, they said credit cards are accepted but the cost is more--8250.  Since credit cards give the blue rate instead of the official exchange rate, it ends up cheaper--about $27.  If you have data you can try uber.  But, apparently it is unwise to take the unofficial taxis.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/7/2023 at 4:57 PM, mcmarya said:

Not the cheapest but possibly the easiest is Taxi Ezeiza.  There is a booth to book near the arrivals exit.  Apparently the current rate is $43 for 2 and 2 suitcases if you pay with USD or 7,500 Argentine pesos.  The cost in $ is based on the official exchange rate, not the more generous blue rate.  I had read that they don't take credit cards at the booth but when I contacted them on whatsapp, they said credit cards are accepted but the cost is more--8250.  Since credit cards give the blue rate instead of the official exchange rate, it ends up cheaper--about $27.  If you have data you can try uber.  But, apparently it is unwise to take the unofficial taxis.

Thank You for this information.

Am I correct (?) that from EZE to the cruise port is 1.5 hrs??? That’s what I keep reading??

Depending on time of day, it can be anywhere from 40 minutes to an hour and a half to/from EZE from downtown Buenos Aires.  I late January I paid 7280 Argentine pesos (less than fifteen dollars at the Blue Rate), including a hefty tip, for an Uber from my hotel to EZE.  I usually pay about $20 US cash for a taxi from the airport to my downtown hotel.

Incidentally, when I got off Oceania Marina in January, after getting my luggage i joined a line for taxis outside the cruise terminal.  At the head of the line, there was a woman guiding passengers to the next available taxi.  She asked where I was going and I gave her the name of my hotel.  She said (in English) that it would be $20 US (and I heard her say $40 to EZE).  I laughed and walked away down the sidewalk.  I then called for an Uber.  However, after about 20 minutes no Ubers were available.  So I hailed a taxi (away from the terminal entrance) -- I asked the first guy who stopped -- he said it would probably be about 1200 pesos (less than four dollars).  I said let's go ... I ended up giving him a $5 bill and he was happy.