Barcelona Port to Airport

garyl62

I know opinions will vary widely regarding departure fight timing so I'll try to ask a more specific question. How long is the travel time from port to airport?

I'll factor in my ship departure method, transfer availability, airport check in process, unforseen problems and overall stress level I'm comfortable with.

Thanks for your help! 

While there are plenty of taxis, there also can be a long queue during debarkation.  We agree that a taxi is the best way to get to the airport (or port) with luggage, one should factor in some waiting time at the port (30 extra minutes should be adequate).

Hank

• 3 weeks later...

My experience on a Friday in May was great, but of course it might depend upon which terminal your ship uses, how many people are departing your ship, etc.  But we found Barcelona departure from the ship to be amazing - no wait to get off ship at 8:30, easy to find our luggage in the terminal, walk out, get a cab, and get to the airport.  We had a noon flight and made it in plenty of time.  But we were on a smallish cruise ship (Oceania Sirena) with only 550 passengers on that cruise, so maybe it's harder later, or earlier, or on another ship in another terminal (there are a number of them!)  But we've disembarked in BCN at least 2 or 3 times now and found the port quite easy, with taxis waiting and no (or very short) lines.