How warm is it on the ship inside in mid winter (Northern Europe)?

Eglesbrech

I’ve been on Virtuosa a couple of times but only in warm weather so I’ve taken light evening dresses etc.

I’ve been looking out clothes for the evening that I would wear here at home in winter as we are going to Northern Europe and it struck me that they might just be too warm.

For those who have been in mid winter, how warm is the ship please? I don’t want to bake alive with Scottish weight clothes if they switch up the heating too high in all the venues.

36 minutes ago, nikoo.s said:

We went end of November and didn't really notice the cold indoors. I usually wore a jumper but no coat required unless going outside and was pretty comfortable. They regulate the temperature pretty well. 

Thanks, I might just change what I am taking to lighter evening clothes then.

• Like 1

Just got back from a cold start in Southampton to end on a very wet rainy note. The ship is warm inside in the lounges and walking around, outside make sure you have a coat. Some brave people were going for a swim using the outside swimming pools and hot tubs. 

Not sure what part of the ship your staying in but i was in yatch club and I did find if you sat by the windows in the lounge it was a bit chilly but with a jumper on i was fine. 

I took a lot of long sleeve tops and was absolutely fine temperature wise. T.shirt unless dancing i did where my cardigan over the top and was fine too.

No immigration checks on this cruise for us brits but everyone one else had to do checks on the day we arrived back in Southampton yesterday and was mentioned nearly everyday in the daily program to let people know this was going to happen.

The cruise it's self, fabulous not a bad word to say, the staff were great wherever we went on ship, the entertainment in the evening and the shows were great and the butchers cut still as good as ever! 

The staff are not wearing masks now and is optional but have to wear if they have any sort of sniffle.

Enjoy your cruise when you go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

The ship is warm inside in the lounges and walking around, outside make sure you have a coat. Some brave people were going for a swim using the outside swimming pools and hot tubs. 

Not sure what part of the ship your staying in but i was in yatch club and I did find if you sat by the windows in the lounge it was a bit chilly but with a jumper on i was fine. 

This is just the info I was hoping someone would post. I'm doing a solo YC in Feb so very useful to know.

On the window point - you'll virtually always find that unless they really blow the heat out. If it's much cooler outside, as warm air hits the glass, it'll cause a cool downdraft = warm air rises, cool air drops.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

Just got back from a cold start in Southampton to end on a very wet rainy note. The ship is warm inside in the lounges and walking around, outside make sure you have a coat. Some brave people were going for a swim using the outside swimming pools and hot tubs. 

I took a lot of long sleeve tops and was absolutely fine temperature wise. T.shirt unless dancing i did where my cardigan over the top and was fine too.

No immigration checks on this cruise for us brits but everyone one else had to do checks on the day we arrived back in Southampton yesterday and was mentioned nearly everyday in the daily program to let people know this was going to happen.

The cruise it's self, fabulous not a bad word to say, the staff were great wherever we went on ship, the entertainment in the evening and the shows were great and the butchers cut still as good as ever! 

The staff are not wearing masks now and is optional but have to wear if they have any sort of sniffle.

Enjoy your cruise when you go.

We are indeed in YC so that’s great information, many thanks.

Also glad the situation with immigration has changed as well.

• Like 1