Steakhouse Reservations - Multiple Bookings

StephPS79

Hi all,

Looking or any expert tips or helpful info.  So, we are doing a Carnival Embarkation Day wedding, very small party - 8 total, including us - all will be sailing.  What I would like to do is book the Steakhouse for the evening, for our group, but there are 3 different booking numbers.  

Doing this ahead of time does not seem to be an option.  It was recommended that I purchase each as a gift separately.  However, there isn't a way to see if there are 8 spots open at one time.  The person I spoke with said it would have to be done once on the ship, which who knows what will be available then.

Anyway, anyone know if there is a way around this, or any tips for this?

Thank you!  

Perhaps whoever is working with you on your wedding could assist in securing reservations for your group together at the steakhouse? I've never done the steakhouse before with people from multiple cabins, but I would guess someone on here has! If all else fails,  you can always reach out to John Heald and see if he can assist! 

1 minute ago, MistyRo76 said:

Perhaps whoever is working with you on your wedding could assist in securing reservations for your group together at the steakhouse? I've never done the steakhouse before with people from multiple cabins, but I would guess someone on here has! If all else fails,  you can always reach out to John Heald and see if he can assist! 

Thanks, Misty - Yes, I thought it would would a simple request to the Wedding Planner people.  They advised they aren't able to do it for the other booking numbers.  

Just link all the bookings and one person can make reservations for anyone in any of the cabins.  We did exactly that with three bookings earlier this month.  The only place we found this DIDN'T work was the Chef's Table.  Each cabin got separate dining assignments for that, but we were able to straighten that out with the Maitre D' at the steakhouse on night 1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CajunOyster said:

Just link all the bookings and one person can make reservations for anyone in any of the cabins.  We did exactly that with three bookings earlier this month.  The only place we found this DIDN'T work was the Chef's Table.  Each cabin got separate dining assignments for that, but we were able to straighten that out with the Maitre D' at the steakhouse on night 1.

The only way I've been able to see this is to add their booking number to my managed cruises, but then I don't know if that changes anything on their end?  Like, it gives me the option to edit and change things on their booking, and I kind of don't want that - I did that, but called to get them removed because I don't know what it changes on their booking side?

40 minutes ago, StephPS79 said:

The only way I've been able to see this is to add their booking number to my managed cruises, but then I don't know if that changes anything on their end?  Like, it gives me the option to edit and change things on their booking, and I kind of don't want that - I did that, but called to get them removed because I don't know what it changes on their booking side?

So now I'm confused.  You want to be able to book things for them (like the steakhouse) but don't want to make changes to their booking.  The problem is, you can't have it both ways.  The reason the planner couldn't make THEIR reservations is because you don't have permission to make that request.  You only get that permission by getting their reservation PIN and linking their booking to yours.  And yes, that does give you more than just the ability to reserve the steakhouse.  Simply booking a restaurant, though, won't make any other mysterious changes to their bookings.

We have done this many times, it's quite useful when you're managing a large group and acting as your own sort of mini tour director.  Linking reservations also ensures you'll get the same table in the MDR and your group won't get separated on shore excursions.

Last month I had the same situation with 3 couples all traveling together.  Each couple made (and paid) for their own reservation, and we had 2 different times for the same evening.  I emailed the steakhouse for my ship and asked to be put at a table for 6 that evening.  I heard back from them and they were able to accommodate us.  I was on the Magic so the email was MCSUPPER@carnival.com. 

image.png.30c43cb30a7799b7ad3bf8bac0951b04.png

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CajunOyster said:

So now I'm confused.  You want to be able to book things for them (like the steakhouse) but don't want to make changes to their booking.  The problem is, you can't have it both ways.  The reason the planner couldn't make THEIR reservations is because you don't have permission to make that request.  You only get that permission by getting their reservation PIN and linking their booking to yours.  And yes, that does give you more than just the ability to reserve the steakhouse.  Simply booking a restaurant, though, won't make any other mysterious changes to their bookings.

We have done this many times, it's quite useful when you're managing a large group and acting as your own sort of mini tour director.  Linking reservations also ensures you'll get the same table in the MDR and your group won't get separated on shore excursions.

Thanks, this is helpful info.  I guess I just thought it would be an easier process, like something customer service would be able to help with.  The other bookings have OBC attached to them, and will be doing their own thing for some of the time, I don't want to cause any problems with that, so rather not have that all linked to mine.

Sounds like there are not really any other options though, so I guess I'll just do the gift option and hope for the best.

Edited by StephPS79

21 minutes ago, ButterflyGirly said:

Last month I had the same situation with 3 couples all traveling together.  Each couple made (and paid) for their own reservation, and we had 2 different times for the same evening.  I emailed the steakhouse for my ship and asked to be put at a table for 6 that evening.  I heard back from them and they were able to accommodate us.  I was on the Magic so the email was MCSUPPER@carnival.com. 

This is helpful to know, thank you!  I will buy them ad gifts and then email to see see if they can accommodate us together.  Thank you for the info.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StephPS79 said:

Thanks, this is helpful info.  I guess I just thought it would be an easier process, like something customer service would be able to help with.  The other bookings have OBC attached to them, and will be doing their own thing for some of the time, I don't want to cause any problems with that, so rather not have that all linked to mine.

Sounds like there are not really any other options though, so I guess I'll just do the gift option and hope for the best.

Think about it - if the reservations aren't PIN-linked, what's to keep me from signing you up for something you don't want?  Is customer service just supposed to "take your word for it" that you're authorized to schedule a steakhouse for Aunt Judy and Uncle Bob?

The only other option is to do what Butterfly girly said and hope for the best.  This is risky, though, because there's no guarantee you'll get the 6 or 8 open slots you're hoping for at a particular time.

9 minutes ago, CajunOyster said:

Think about it - if the reservations aren't PIN-linked, what's to keep me from signing you up for something you don't want?  Is customer service just supposed to "take your word for it" that you're authorized to schedule a steakhouse for Aunt Judy and Uncle Bob?

The only other option is to do what Butterfly girly said and hope for the best.  This is risky, though, because there's no guarantee you'll get the 6 or 8 open slots you're hoping for at a particular time.

That's what I was hoping customer service could help with (or, what I initially thought the wedding planner could help with.)  I have all the booking numbers, and want to pay for all the reservations, didn't think it would be a problem.  Didn't think I would have this much trouble getting them to take my money lol.  I see what you're saying though.  

7 hours ago, StephPS79 said:

That's what I was hoping customer service could help with (or, what I initially thought the wedding planner could help with.)  I have all the booking numbers, and want to pay for all the reservations, didn't think it would be a problem.  Didn't think I would have this much trouble getting them to take my money lol.  I see what you're saying though.  

I just did this for our upcoming cruise on the Vista. I linked our bookings together, and selected those that would be attending (which was all of us, a party of 9). Everyone in our party has OBC, but you have a choice when you get to the payment page. We didn't want to use their OBC, so entered our credit card number instead to pay for everyone. I'm glad we did, as there were very few times available for seating a large group. If you're wanting to pay for everyone and sit together on a certain night, I would link the booking numbers and make 1 reservation for everyone yourself.

You can't accidentally access or spend someone else's OBC for another person. When prepaying something using OBC, that OBC is only available for those whose names are associated with that booking number. You have to actually check the box next to their name. 

Edited by WildBlueYonder64
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, WildBlueYonder64 said:

I just did this for our upcoming cruise on the Vista. I linked our bookings together, and selected those that would be attending (which was all of us, a party of 9). Everyone in our party has OBC, but you have a choice when you get to the payment page. We didn't want to use their OBC, so entered our credit card number instead to pay for everyone. I'm glad we did, as there were very few times available for seating a large group. If you're wanting to pay for everyone and sit together on a certain night, I would link the booking numbers and make 1 reservation for everyone yourself.

You can't accidentally access or spend someone else's OBC for another person. When prepaying something using OBC, that OBC is only available for those whose names are associated with that booking number. You have to actually check the box next to their name. 

This is helpful, thank you!  

On 12/21/2022 at 3:11 PM, ButterflyGirly said:

Where do you find the email address for the specialty restaurant for each ship? We're traveling with another couple on Mardi Gras in a month and have each booked in the steakhouse and Rudi's. Our plan was to go to the maitre d' once we board but if we can make arrangements before hand, that would be even better. 

On 12/21/2022 at 1:26 PM, StephPS79 said:

Hi all,

Looking or any expert tips or helpful info.  So, we are doing a Carnival Embarkation Day wedding, very small party - 8 total, including us - all will be sailing.  What I would like to do is book the Steakhouse for the evening, for our group, but there are 3 different booking numbers.  

Doing this ahead of time does not seem to be an option.  It was recommended that I purchase each as a gift separately.  However, there isn't a way to see if there are 8 spots open at one time.  The person I spoke with said it would have to be done once on the ship, which who knows what will be available then.

Anyway, anyone know if there is a way around this, or any tips for this?

Thank you!  

Go to your Booking Order and Details for this cruise. On the right you will see Manage Another Booking add the booking number and last names, this will add the others in your party to your booking. 
Then go back to your Cruise Manager and choose specialty dinning you will see everyones names and you must click on all bookings to book the dinner. This means that you will be paying for everyone but at least you will all have the same times and table.  I do this all the time for our cruising group

On 12/24/2022 at 12:40 AM, ctlyf said:

Where do you find the email address for the specialty restaurant for each ship? We're traveling with another couple on Mardi Gras in a month and have each booked in the steakhouse and Rudi's. Our plan was to go to the maitre d' once we board but if we can make arrangements before hand, that would be even better. 

This is from a CC post that I copied and pasted as I couldn't figure out how to use the quote feature from a different thread...

Email either the Maitre’d or Steakhouse manager directly. The email address for either is listed below:

Maitre d' - xxmaitred@carnival.com

Steakhouse - xxsteakhouse@carnival.com (for ships with a steakhouse)

BR Breeze

CQ Conquest

DE Destiny

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

EL Elation

FA Fantasy

FD Freedom

FS Fascination

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MC Magic

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

SE Sensation

SL Splendor

SP Spirit

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

On 12/21/2022 at 4:18 PM, StephPS79 said:

it changes nothing.       It will allow you to book all 8 people in the steak house.

I have three bookings under me   and I was able to book all 7 people in various cabins.    I have them all linked together for dining purposes now 

Last cruise on MG I booked steakhouse reservations for a couple who were our travel companions (linked) and they booked Tempannyani reservations for four. We both had OBC. Somehow I was double charged for one set of the reservations. My OBC was charged as was my credit card. I tried to get my 75 dollars back and was unsuccessful even getting an Executive Resolution Host involved. It was some kind of glitch but I was not happy they never credited me back. Be careful