Priority boarding

Jellyfishsting

It's been almost 3 years since we have cruised and I kinda feel like a lot may have changed and/or I just don't remember things lol! We are platinum, we are traveling with my brother and his wife, they have fttf. I think I see that we choose an arrival appointment at 16 days instead of 14, but does the arrival appointment really matter? I thought we were free to arrive whenever we wanted to? So if it does matter, do I need to coordinate with my brother to make sure we sign in and get the same time? Or would it allow us to choose one time for all of us since we are "cruise companions", which I assume just means our bookings are linked like we've done in the past? 

Thanks for help getting me back into the cruise groove 😁

Edited by Jellyfishsting
Typo

Platinums and Diamonds can no longer arrive anytime they want. Same with FTTF.  You will have to select an arrival time, and your brother and his wife will have to select their arrival time.  P/D passengers can select an arrival time 16 days ahead, but FTTF has to wait till 14 days prior to the cruise. So if you want the same arrival appointment you will have to wait till 14 days prior to coordinate with your brother and his wife.  At the terminal boarding is called by group.  Suites and wedding parties are first, then Diamond, then Platinum, then FTTF, and then everyone else.  Being connected as Cruise Companions will not give your family members access to board with Platinums, but they should be right behind you.

we have had no problems boarding our entire family together when we do family cruises.  

my wife is plat. im measly gold.  the adult kiddos are gold.  

she leads the way and we follow without interruption.  boarding process now is soooooo easy and quick im not sure its even a thing moving forward.  

9 minutes ago, havanadaydreaming said:

we have had no problems boarding our entire family together when we do family cruises.  

she leads the way and we follow without interruption.  boarding process now is soooooo easy and quick im not sure its even a thing moving forward.  

That's the same with my DH and me (Platinum) and our two DDs (measly gold😅) but I think that's because they are our children.  Not sure if your brother and his wife would get the same access.   Probably it won't be much of a time issue regarding boarding.  Have a great cruise!!

• Like 1

Arrival appointments do matter to a certain extent but as posted above, boarding goes Wedding, Suites, Diamond, Platinium, FTTF and then the zones in order.

Realistically, they should be able to get an arrival slot and into the terminal by the time the boarding begins around 11a if they sign up right away.  And then you can simply 'linger' as a Platinum and board with them as FTTF gets called 5 minutes after Plats are called. I had a business teleconference at the beginning of our last cruise.  It actually benefited me when the Dia/Plat lounge cleared out and my wife and I had the room to ourselves.  My call ended when they were perhaps up to C01 and we just exited the lounge using our separate rope queue and proceeded up the boarding ramp with the 'commoners' (I jest). It's best not to overthink it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, havanadaydreaming said:

As of when? If general boarding has begun or is could be port dependent, but both Seattle and Port Canaveral checked everyone's boarding passes when boarding started, allowing only those with current boarding groups to pass.  Once the initial crowds were boarding, they loosed up

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

As of when? If general boarding has begun or is could be port dependent, but both Seattle and Port Canaveral checked everyone's boarding passes when boarding started, allowing only those with current boarding groups to pass.  Once the initial crowds were boarding, they loosed up

My understand is that folks in the same cabin (including kids of course) can board together and I believe that is what the poster is referring to when they boarded with the Plat group.  YES, boarding groups are absolutely adhered to.  A C04 doesn't get to board with the A02s.

1 hour ago, jsglow said:

My understand is that folks in the same cabin (including kids of course) can board together and I believe that is what the poster is referring to when they boarded with the Plat group.  YES, boarding groups are absolutely adhered to.  A C04 doesn't get to board with the A02s.

The poster I was responding to did not state everyone was in the same cabin.  

12 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

The poster I was responding to did not state everyone was in the same cabin.  

You were referring to havana and now that I re-read their post I agree with you.  I was referring to a typical mom/dad/kids scenario.  My misunderstanding.

Edited by jsglow
  • Like 1

On 12/23/2022 at 4:46 AM, nwcruiselover said:

P/D passengers can select an arrival time 16 days ahead, but FTTF has to wait till 14 days prior to the cruise. 

I called carnival a few days ago before purchasing FTTF for our upcoming cruise and the rep told me we could check-in with the diamond and platinum guests 16 days prior to sailing.