Carnival Pride, last cruise before drydock?

barante

We booked April's trans-Atlantic from Tampa to Barcelona before realizing that the Carnival Pride will then sail immediately for weeks at drydock.

We have never been on a bad cruise. But should we be worried about prep work being done and areas of the ship being closed off, or restaurants running out of items?

This is not a Pride specific question but relates to other Carnival ships going to drydock as well.

8 hours ago, barante said:

We booked April's trans-Atlantic from Tampa to Barcelona before realizing that the Carnival Pride will then sail immediately for weeks at drydock.

We have never been on a bad cruise. But should we be worried about prep work being done and areas of the ship being closed off, or restaurants running out of items?

This is not a Pride specific question but relates to other Carnival ships going to drydock as well.

We sailed on the Miracle for her Panama Canal Full transit Journey's Cruise from San Diego to Miami, from 01 - 13 Feb 2020.  Immediately following the cruise, the Miracle entered dry dock for two weeks.  No pre dry dock activities took place during the course of this cruise.  Everything was peaceful onboard, even though there were maintenance technicians on the cruise with us walking down the areas to be worked on, in an effort to get a sense of what was going to be taking place during the dry dock.  There have been other cruises in the past where pre dry dock activities did take place, causing a lot of noise and closed venues.  We were fortunate.

We were on a HAL cruise immediately before drydock. Around 9:30-10:00 pm a work crew started ripping up the carpeting in the hallways. Noise wasn't the issue but playing a radio was. I had to remind them "politely" to turn it down. So, yes it does impact the whole cruise enjoyment.

On 12/23/2022 at 7:18 PM, barante said:

I haven't seen any posts about what they are trying to accomplish in this drydock. (but having just been on her a couple of weeks ago, she needs alot of work)

If there is alot scheduled during the drydock, you probably will have some prep work being done. (ripping up carpets, grinding out rusty spots [which she has a ton] and other prep work to speed things along once she gets to thew drydock.)

Definitely better to be on a pre drydock cruise than a post drydock cruise. (much better chance to have them trying to finish up work on the first cruise back.)

• 2 months later...

Carnival is letting maintenance on their ships really lack. I used to think it was no big deal until I sailed on a Disney ship. Carnival competes on price and part of that is their ships are not in the best shape. Think Red Roof Inn vs. even a mid-tier experience like Fairfield Marriott.

We found the mattresses very comfortable on our European cruises (B2B) last fall on the Pride, more comfortable than brand new mattresses on the Celebration (inaugural transatlantic). I realize that is very subjective but your experience looks brutal. We are just down the hall from your cabin on this upcoming pre drydock transaltlatic cruise. I'm a little concerned now