TORN about CHEERS package...

KKB

On 12/25/2022 at 12:50 PM, SDPadreFan said:

I respectfully disagree. In our case, we just don't feel the need to consume liquids every waking minute of the day. 

Actually we are agreeing...my thought is, drink what you want, when you want, whether it is a little or a lot, and don't worry about it.

Now, I totally understand the CHEERS package isn't for everyone. Dad? Nope. Mom? Probably not.

Me? I did the calculator & realized it was probably a break even for me. That is good enough as the CHEERS package is always worth it for DH.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Joebucks said:

I know my views could cause WW3, but it's a huge no from me. I've done it a few times on a 4 day, and even then I felt like garbage. I could count on one hand the amount of people I personally know that would legitimately make the $2,000 for drinks for 2 weeks worth it. Ironically, they're all beer drinkers.

But it is also decent coffee, sodas, bottled water.

I was shocked using the drink calculator that it said it was worth it to get it.

1 coffee, 1 soda, pre-dinner drink, couple of glasses of wine with dinner, nightcap--that MORE than uses up my $50/day cost. 

Someone mentioned 4-6 drinks/day--if it is just beer, coffee, sodas, naw.

But if you toss in wine or cocktails, 4 drinks/day will get you there.

Now the package is a bit more expensive than when I bought it in April, so 5 cocktails/wine may be the breakeven now.

By NO means does having the CHEERS package mean I will be drunk--I'd prefer not!

Edited by KKB
  • Like 1

On 12/26/2022 at 2:36 PM, KKB said:

But it is also decent coffee, sodas, bottled water.

I was shocked using the drink calculator that it said it was worth it to get it.

1 coffee, 1 soda, pre-dinner drink, couple of glasses of wine with dinner, nightcap--that MORE than uses up my $50/day cost. 

Someone mentioned 4-6 drinks/day--if it is just beer, coffee, sodas, naw.

But if you toss in wine or cocktails, 4 drinks/day will get you there.

Now the package is a bit more expensive than when I bought it in April, so 5 cocktails/wine may be the breakeven now.

By NO means does having the CHEERS package mean I will be drunk--I'd prefer not!

That's because $50 a day is not the true costs, when you factor in additional tips it's more like $85.71 per day for a seven day trip. I also tend not to drink on the last night if I have a long drive so if I'm going out of So Cal it's more like $100 a day for me on a seven day to get the value since I'll only have 6 drinking days. I do have to agree with @Joebucks, I can easily get the maximum value on any drinking day (port stop or sea day) but it certainly comes at a cost of not feeling 100% much of the time and spending much of it fending off hangover and rekindling the feel good (over and over). Chasing that value to justify such a hefty expense does play a role for many folks, even if only subconsciously.  

25 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

That's because $50 a day is not the true costs, when you factor in additional tips it's more like $85.71 per day for a seven day trip. I also tend not to drink on the last night if I have a long drive so if I'm going out of So Cal it's more like $100 a day for me on a seven day to get the value since I'll only have 6 drinking days. I do have to agree with @Joebucks, I can easily get the maximum value on any drinking day (port stop or sea day) but it certainly comes at a cost of not feeling 100% much of the time and spending much of it fending off hangover and rekindling the feel good (over and over). Chasing that value to justify such a hefty expense does play a role for many folks, even if only subconsciously.  

I am looking at true cost of drink package & drinks.

You will pay the gratuity irregardless whether you pay for the package or pay for the drinks.

Oh, trust me, your reasoning is what gave me pause...

BUT if it is a break even or even CLOSE for me, it's worth it--it's ALWAYS a good value for DH😆

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KKB said:

I am looking at true cost of drink package & drinks.

You will pay the gratuity irregardless whether you pay for the package or pay for the drinks.

Oh, trust me, your reasoning is what gave me pause...

BUT if it is a break even or even CLOSE for me, it's worth it--it's ALWAYS a good value for DH😆

I've run the drink calculator a couple times (just for fun😅) and it wins for me with a special coffee, 3 wines (I usually have champagne or mimosas, then a glass of wine with dinner) 3 cocktail drinks (serenity or Alchemy) and 2 bottles of water per day.  If I take out either a wine or cocktail then Cheers is more expensive by a dollar.  Like you said, if hubby is on the cruise, it's always a win for Cheers!😉

• Like 2