Chinese Government Cancels Quarantine Requirments for Tourists

Donald

Today the Beijing Government announced that they are cancelling all quarantine requirements for tourists.

A bit surprising as the number of new infections in China is estimated at 37 million per day, now that the lock downs in China have been cancelled as well.

Been there twice before on land tours before  Covid and was the most interesting country I've been to. Then I went to Thailand in 2020 when Covid just started. Great country. Side trip was Mynnamar and that was the scariest!!! Glad I got these countries off my bucket list.

You don't have to go to China to get exposed. Tourists from China will start visiting the world in a few weeks. With little or no Covid control measures currently in many country entry points, the potential risk of Covid resurging outside China cannot be ignored. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, floridatravelersforlife said:

The CDC is considering Covid testing measures on travelers from China.  Japan already  announced yesterday it is checking all inbound travelers from China with a covid test upon arriving

Beginning Jan 5, travelers from China are required to have a negative test within 48 hours prior to departure. Includes transiting from another country prior to entry  to the US. 

Edited by Philob
  • Like 1