NCL - Is this a deal or just marketing trick!

VelvetSkeeter

10 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

It is a very useful website that provides the full pricing history for each cruise.  It is discussed here from time to time.  Not a travel agency, so we're allowed to talk about it.

Oh okay, I have never heard of it, I will check it out. Thanks

Thanks all for the input and nice to just chat! I haven't booked a cruise since before COVID.  I had one booked but it got canceled 3 times during covid  so I just decided to wait till most restrictions were lifted for cruising to book again!   I am booking an Alaskan cruise for June, can't wait!!

Edited by VelvetSkeeter
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VelvetSkeeter said:

am booking an Alaskan cruise for June, can't wait!!

If you have any cCruiseNext certs you can use 3 through Jan. 8. If you don’t then buy a CruiseFirst cert for $250 and get cert worth $500.  You can apply this to your cruise if you’ve already booked or use it as a down payment.  It will likely dissapear in a day or two..so don’t wait.

19 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

If you have any cCruiseNext certs you can use 3 through Jan. 8. If you don’t then buy a CruiseFirst cert for $250 and get cert worth $500.  You can apply this to your cruise if you’ve already booked or use it as a down payment.  It will likely dissapear in a day or two..so don’t wait.

is that a NCL thing? If so then I may have to look into that next time. After a lot of research and back and forth with myself lol, I decided  to book this trip with Celebrity on the Eclipse in June. Going to go with the Aqua Class Balcony. They do have 450 OBC and some other offers I can apply. Should be an awesome trip!

Edited by VelvetSkeeter

2 minutes ago, VelvetSkeeter said:

is that a NCL thing? If so then I may have to look into that next time. After a lot of research and back and forth with myself lol, I decided  to book this trip with Celebrity on the Eclipse in June. Going to go with the Aqua Class Balcony. They do have 450 OBC and some other offers I can apply. Should be an awesome trip!

Yes, it is an NCL thing.  The CruiseFirst and CruiseNext are more of a real sale than the headline sale.  With them you actually save $$. I’ve looked at Celebrity and the Aqua Class, and thought it could be a possibility for us.  Happy sailing!!

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

You can only triple up if booking at least 6 months out.  It's too late now to do that for June sailings.

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

If you don’t then buy a CruiseFirst cert for $250 and get cert worth $500.  You can apply this to your cruise if you’ve already booked

Are you sure about this?

"

1. CruiseFirst certificates are valid for new reservations ONLY that book and sail within 3 years of original certificate purchase date. Voyage date must be more than 120 days from original purchase date. Not applicable towards canceled/rebooked reservations. If a guest with an existing reservation cancels and rebooks the same ship and sail date with a CruiseFirst certificate, the additional value of the CruiseFirst certificate will be removed."

Norwegian Cruise Line - Promotions Terms and Conditions (ncl.com)

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

CruiseFirst certificates are valid for new reservations ONLY that book and sail within 3 years of original certificate purchase date. Voyage date must be more than 120 days from original purchase date

CF is 120.  I miscalculated on CN not realizing June was 5 mos not 6.  However, moot point since OP failed to state her cruise was on Celebrity.

2 hours ago, timf2001 said:

You can only triple up if booking at least 6 months out.  It's too late now to do that for June sailings.

Yeah I miscalculated Thinking June was in 6 months…duh.  But CF is only 120 days.  Doesn’t matter since she is actually sailing Celebrity…lol.

22 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

CF is 120.  I miscalculated on CN not realizing June was 5 mos not 6.  However, moot point since OP failed to state her cruise was on Celebrity.

I wasn't commenting on the 120 days.  I was quoting what NCL says about NOT being able to use it on a cruise you have already booked, even if you cancel and rebook.

31 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I wasn't commenting on the 120 days.  I was quoting what NCL says about NOT being able to use it on a cruise you have already booked, even if you cancel and rebook.

Oh…that was your point. I guess that’s why that was bolded.  Did I mention I’m a blond.  Yeah, but even though it says that as long as your cruise is outside the 120 or 180 days you can apply CF and CN certs.  I’ve done it several times as has our PCC.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Oh…that was your point. I guess that’s why that was bolded.  Did I mention I’m a blond.  Yeah, but even though it says that as long as your cruise is outside the 120 or 180 days you can apply CF and CN certs.  I’ve done it several times as has our PCC.

Thanks.  That's NCL for ya'.  It does make me nervous when they do things contrary to their T&C's, because we never know when they won't.  I'm planning to buy two CNs on my next cruise to apply to future cruises.  This is as a test so that I can learn how it will really work for me. 😎

• Like 1