QE alternative dining???

bazzaw

It seems that the alternative dining venues on Queen Elizabeth is the "Dinner at the Lido" and "Steakhouse at the Verandah" - both of which can't be pre-booked online. Wondering if anybody would care to pass comment on either or both of them?? Are they worth the bother of a big rush to book one on departure day?? 

15 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

It seems that the alternative dining venues on Queen Elizabeth is the "Dinner at the Lido" and "Steakhouse at the Verandah" - both of which can't be pre-booked online. Wondering if anybody would care to pass comment on either or both of them?? Are they worth the bother of a big rush to book one on departure day?? 

The menu for the Indian option for Dinner at the Lido looked wonderful but we didn't get chance to try it. 

We did go to Verandah and tbh, weren't that impressed. The service was excellent, to the point of being OTT; maybe we made the wrong choices but didn't feel it was worth the extra money. 

I would definitely try the Indian another time. 

There was no problem booking mid-cruise. 

Edited by elmsliebev

9 hours ago, bazzaw said:

The only reason we have eaten lunch in The Verandah was to dine with friends, and it was a Diamond perk. The restaurant has never been busy when we've been there.

Have dined Coriander as a Lido pop up and can thoroughly recommend it. Again, a Diamond perk and again, to dine with friends. Other than that, I'd order food ''in'' to eat in QG.

Ask at the Front Desk for Lido pop up dining schedule as the themes rotate, usually on a three day basis and then you can choose your preference.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

The only reason we have eaten lunch in The Verandah was to dine with friends, and it was a Diamond perk. The restaurant has never been busy when we've been there.

Have dined Coriander as a Lido pop up and can thoroughly recommend it. Again, a Diamond perk and again, to dine with friends. Other than that, I'd order food ''in'' to eat in QG.

Ask at the Front Desk for Lido pop up dining schedule as the themes rotate, usually on a three day basis and then you can choose your preference.

OOOPS

Bamboo, not Coriander although I have heard Coriander is worth a visit.

Just now, Victoria2 said:

OOOPS

Bamboo, not Coriander although I have heard Coriander is worth a visit.

We enjoyed Coriander very much, also La Piazza, the Italian one. But in both cases, we shared a starter, eg a huge plate of antipasti, and a desert, and still could barely finish.

I am booked on back to back cruises 20 Jan to 28 and Jan to 28 to 2 Feb (Special Event - Culinary Cruise).   Not able to book Specialty Restaurant on either cruise. (showing "Coming Soon").  In regard to the second Cruise (Culinary cruise) I understood that as an event cruise would be able to have the Chef experience without having to go to the Specialty Restaurants, but alas they have made this a separate bookable experience in the Verandah Restaurant and also Afternoon Tea with their Celebrity Chefs (no idea of cost at this time).  More surprising that this experience is available on the first cruise as well.  With only two sessions available per cruise don't like my chances of being able to get in as travelling in steerage sorry Brittanica stateroom.  Anyone out there received any information........... Much appreciated.

I was able to book the Verandah online, but quite close to the sailing date - maybe a week or two out?

We really enjoyed our meal there. I think part of it was that we weren't blown away by the MDR the night before (2 night cruise). There are some unexpected options, e.g. hamburgers, but some real gems in there too. I agree it's way too much food, and I'm pretty 'good on the fang' as my dear grandad would say. 

• Like 1

Coming closer to my back to back cruise and the dining options have changed online.  Have now booked the Verandah for the first cruise (the option of the Celebrity Chef degustation menu is now not showing).  The second (Culinary cruise) has dropped the option of booking the Specialty dining with the Chefs, no doubt will keep us guessing.  Won't be long now, let the fun begin!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, momphoto said:

Can anyone tell me the cost to eat at the verandah specialty restaurant on the QE?

The prices I have for the Verandah restaurant (fleet wide) are $25 per person for lunch and $45 per person for dinner.

There are additional charges for a few of the items on the Verandah menu.

Wagyu Beef: $30 supplement

Grand Platter Fruit de Mer for Two: $20 supplement

Add Two Giant Tiger Prawns: $10 supplement

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 2