Diamond and spouse in same cabin

sml3

We turned D+ right before my sons 18th bday so his status also says Diamond Plus.

He now has a SO that is going on her first cruise.  We all board Anthem on Monday.  He called C&A before Xmas to get her linked to his account.  The status they gave her is the one based on his earned points (72 - Emerald), not the status he earned from us that is showing on his account.

After this 11 Night cruise on Anthem he will be Diamond on his own right so it is not that big of a deal, but should we bother asking the LA on Anthem if she is supposed to be Diamond Plus too? It would be nice for her to be able to get the drinks, wifi, and laundry.

8E8FEA6C-C501-466B-BA31-BB5FA4C64173.thumb.jpeg.571923f9ab0dd06baf124bce88cbbd17.jpeg

59BF5C9D-56DD-401E-AA92-09DBEEBE04F1.thumb.jpeg.2c9efe6bf0117c943db9f595d7989ba8.jpeg

Edited by JessyCruises

Our son also earned his Elite Celebrity status by cruising with us. He is now married and together they have cruised on Celebrity and both enjoyed Elite status. They both have their own CC#s. Fast forward a few years and they have young children and will be cruising in March with them for the first time. I assume it will be ok to take them into Tuscan for Elite breakfast. What about HH 5:00 - 7:00 drinks? Will the children’s mock-cocktails need to be paid for? Celebrity says they must be over 18 to get  CC number.

It doesn't matter what your status was when he last cruised with you.  What matters is YOUR status when he turned 18.  He will have the same status.

You can call and get his spouse an account and link it to his.   But it seems now they may need proof of living at the same address.

I don't know if the Loyalty Ambassador can set up an account for her on board, but they can fix linking and wrong status, as we had an issue and got it fixed.

• Like 2

On 12/31/2022 at 2:05 PM, JessyCruises said:

We turned D+ right before my sons 18th bday so his status also says Diamond Plus.

He now has a SO that is going on her first cruise.  We all board Anthem on Monday.  He called C&A before Xmas to get her linked to his account.  The status they gave her is the one based on his earned points (72 - Emerald), not the status he earned from us that is showing on his account.

After this 11 Night cruise on Anthem he will be Diamond on his own right so it is not that big of a deal, but should we bother asking the LA on Anthem if she is supposed to be Diamond Plus too? It would be nice for her to be able to get the drinks, wifi, and laundry.

8E8FEA6C-C501-466B-BA31-BB5FA4C64173.thumb.jpeg.571923f9ab0dd06baf124bce88cbbd17.jpeg

59BF5C9D-56DD-401E-AA92-09DBEEBE04F1.thumb.jpeg.2c9efe6bf0117c943db9f595d7989ba8.jpeg

On 12/31/2022 at 3:24 PM, Biker19 said:

You should if for no other reason but to get a sorta official explanation of what is supposed to happen.

just stopped by the LA.  He said she should be D+ and updated her in the system and printed her a new card 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

On 12/29/2022 at 4:05 PM, sml3 said:

My 27 year old son and his wife are traveling with us in February. My son just did his check in and it came up on his set sail pass that he is diamond status. My husband and I are diamond but my son has not cruised with us since we reached that status. We were gold the last time he was with us. When he logs into his account online his C&A number is not showing. It is showing on his reservation. I think somehow our travel agent set his status to diamond by accident. My question is that since his information now says diamond will his spouse also be diamond on this cruise? If so how should we go about setting her up for those benefits on the cruise? Hope this all made sense!

Our daughter showed diamond when she cruised with us age 20, shoukd have been lower. She received the benefits on that cruise. To het disappointment, after that cruise she was reduced to Emerald and has to catch up her points to get to diamond. Not sure how/ why. Well I know the why since it was wrong.