Information regarding Royal Suite on Equinox

Frenchkona

Later this year my wife and I are taking our grandchildren on the Equinox in a Royal Suite. Since they are both teens, they of course have a lot of electronic gadgets, as do my wife and I. We were wondering how many USB ports, regular electric outlets and European outlets are in the suite.  Trying to figure what I need to bring with me to satisfy all of the charging of electronics that will be required. 

Also I would like to ask if Equinox’s Retreat Deck has a bar and any pool or hot tubs. 

Thanks to everyone and happy cruising. 

We were in an RS on Equinox a few months ago, and it was absolutely wonderful.  You will enjoy it!  That half bath in the living room was great just for the two of us, and I bet it's a life (and sanity) saver in your case!

The videos above are absolutely accurate with regard to the cabin, the Retreat Lounge, and I think it is accurate for the sundeck (we only passed through there once on the first day and never went back).  I hadn't seen those videos, but I will remember them the next time someone asks about the RS.

Outlets are somewhat limited, but you can get by fine with a little planning. I don't recall the actual number of each sort of outlet, but they aren't many.  The outlet(s) we used in the living room is located under the table lamp at the corner of the sofa.  As noted in the video, there are no convenient outlets in the bedroom.  They are at the desk as shown.

Get yourself a good multi-plug or two and a good USB charging station or two (preferably on a cord).  The reason you probably want two of each is to put one in each room, but I'll let you figure out what you want.  Just make sure you don't get anything that is surge protected.  We had no issues with those in place.  Both my wife and I have battery chargers, as well, and I usually would keep that at my bedside for plugging in my phone at night if needed.

I like this guy;s videos - he does many of the ships, and mentions the plugs and other things.  Its good to know what to expect.  If you need other ships - he has playlists and you can find the ship / cabin type for many others as well.

• Thanks 1

We were in a RS on Equinox and if I recall -

On the Bar Counter there is an outlet with a 110 and 220V socket

In the bedroom there is an outlet with a 110 and 220V Socket on the vanity desk next to TV

Under the TV in the living room there are 2 110V sockets and a 220V

I believe the is a 220 floor socket used by housekeeping near the front door.   In the living room there is a lamp plugged into a 220V.

I don't recall seeing any USB charging sockets.

Couple of these come in handy they also have for 110 US Socket

image.thumb.png.f0942f9115c06bb876fddb8211f94fe9.png

Combined with a couple of these

image.thumb.png.82940d6ccc465e4f80f9cf3b630cb447.png

image.thumb.png.485bc9a0bde6fc9bd6c161e73c6b428d.png

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Frenchkona said:

Thanks Jim. Very helpful. How did you enjoy the Royal Suite on Equinox. 

Always enjoy it.   While the room has not been revolutionized they are well maintained.   They did change the beds to the squared off true King Size beds as opposed to the rounded corner beds that actually are "UK Kings" which are U.S. Queens. 

One thing that I really enjoy is that each evening your butler delivers a little crystal box with 4 little sweets in it.

The second cruise of the B2B we were upgraded to the Penthouse.   Wow...   I did 10,000 steps just unpacking.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

Always enjoy it.   While the room has not been revolutionized they are well maintained.   They did change the beds to the squared off true King Size beds as opposed to the rounded corner beds that actually are "UK Kings" which are U.S. Queens. 

One thing that I really enjoy is that each evening your butler delivers a little crystal box with 4 little sweets in it.

he second cruise of the B2B we were upgraded to the Penthouse.   Wow...

1 minute ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Interesting.  Got those in the PH in the spring but not in my RS in the fall.

Incredible how inconsistent they are across the fleet.   When in a RS on Solstice last month we got them, but did not get the "Retreat" Chocolates on Chic nights.