Koningsdam

stjohncruisers

We also found a good selection of movies for in-cabin viewing. "Saved" at least a dozen of them, but never spent enough down time in the cabin in the evening to watch them.

Nice, big screen and wonderful bow camera shots- for those who like to have this playing when using an inside cabin - I think it could easily substitute for a really good "daylight window" on these ships. 

Deck Four - Beethoven Deck Balconies: One other nice feature on the Konigsdam are the extended length balconies on Deck 4 -- they are not entirely private for this extended length, as they can be directly viewed from cabins above and from the little "flying bridge" bulb out on the aft pool Lido deck area, but this extra length certainly felt very spacious and felt like they offered extended views.

The regular length of the Deck 4 (Beethoven)  balcony was covered and private;  but this extra length was exposed. We would ask for one of these cabins again, just for the more spacious feel of balconies - private or not. 

Cabins are much smaller than the older ships, and drawers are more shallow on deck four. Our first cabin on Deck 8 had very spacious draws and no limitations on the closet space. Part of one of the closets, had limited hanger space, but even my always over-packing for just our 16 days, we still had plenty of room and even a few smaller drawers left empty. Bathroom was cramped, but everything worked very nicely. 

We  always bring extra rare earth magnetic hanging hooks to hang jackets, etc and the cabin ceiling was metal, but the bathroom ceiling was not. There was metal framing around the bathroom door where the magnets tightly stuck -which I always use to hold up my hanging toiletry hook to keep the clutter around the sink down. 

I love the music on HAL.  Especially the Lincoln Centre Stage.  I like to have breakfast in the main dining room.  We ;like the Pinnacle Grill and Tamarind and Rudi's Sal de Mere was great but too much food.  Take my advice and restrain yourself.  

• Like 2

What we like:  The ship is beautiful; all food tastes clean and fresh and of good quality (if a bit repetitive in some venues): great specialty restaurants (having just had a really good meal in each of the four); plentiful areas for nice sunbathing and plenty of outdoor tables for al fresco dining.  (We like being outdoors best, and Koningsdam works well for that.)  The cabins are well-appointed and crew members are kind and helpful.  And we love the Music Walk.

• Like 2

Just disembarked on Saturday. This was our second cruise on this ship. Everything in stateroom worked and we had plenty of storage space in our balcony cabin on deck 4. We had no complaints about the staff. We really enjoyed the band that played in The Rolling Stones as well as for the huge New Years Eve celebration by the Lido pool. We had late seating with our friends booked pre cruise in the main dining room so never had to wait.

• Like 2