Latitudes free dinner

OttawaJohn

Commented recently on the semi-related question of "free" Platinum laundry elsewhere here on CC - and we've asked as Sapphire, at the CruiseNext desk - as the room stewards or "attendants" wouldn't know - the laundry "master" below deck would know & they will either not charge or post the charge to your onboard account (via the itemized "slip" - be sure to write down it's Platinum, etc. and the "coupon" or voucher isn't necessary).   For a 12 nights cruise on the Getaway - just 1 free bag per Platinum member, like a 7 or 8 nights or 10 nights.  If the cruise is 14 nights - then, it's 2 free bag (1 for each full week onboard, perhaps the rationale behind it ??) per P member.   YMMV and this could just be the Getaway's ship policy, another ship might be different and next month & beyond, things could well get revised and changed.  

In any event, just be prepared to pay that extra $29 bag special - if and when offered (unless the price go up in 2023) if & when offered.  Keep in mind that for non-Haven laundry, the thin paper bag is smaller nowadays, if you haven't resumed cruising yet since the Covid shutdown in 2020 ... Haven folks reported that they are usually given a nicer & sturdy nylon bag.  We just use a clear & clean plastic bag as a liner or get a clean pillow case as insert (no duct tapes needed) - actually, the large bag used by the photo studio for specialty dining pictures fit just fine inside the laundry bag, and is sturdy too. 

As for crabcake as a starter or appetizer in Cagney's last month (Jan. 2023) on the Getaway, no upcharge for that one, single "lump" crabcake, which we didn't order this time.  It is the same one piece served (meow, it's okay ... said DW) as part of the (grilled/fried) Fisherman's Platter as the main course (no upcharge either).  

• Like 2

On 2/27/2023 at 2:37 PM, ziggyuk said:

Bird, I have read on longer cruises you can get 2 bags of laundry each.
From your experience, if it's true, how many days does it kick in, will my upcoming 12 day get us 2 bags each?

In the past we received:

3 bags on 19 day Transpacific cruise - Jewel

2 bags on 19 day Transatlantic - Getaway...

As noted on another post - we were informed by Latitudes Rep @ Meet & Greet

Not sure about 12 Day

Hoping to get @ least 2 each on our upcoming 20 Day - although 3 would be even better 🙂  

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
On 1/3/2023 at 10:28 AM, BirdTravels said:

Pro Tip: Since the Platinum vouchers are supposed to be limited to 1-1-1 (1 appetizer, 1 entrée, 1 dessert), we used them at fixed price restaurants like Moderno and Teppanyaki and save our SDP (which allows more selections) for a la carte restaurants like Le Bistro. 

How does platinum voucher work in Moderno, where you have all you can eat for a fixed price of $70?

On 1/3/2023 at 1:28 PM, BirdTravels said:

No. You can use each voucher for one meal each. So, you get two free meals. 

If you make a friend on the cruise you can bring a guest and still get your 2+2 meals. I sail solo sometimes and often meet a buddy via the solo meetups to grab dinners with so sharing a free specialty perk would be an option.

I will have Platinum perks on our next cruise, so no first hand experience, but always learn things reading @BirdTravels.

We just booked a 17 night Panama Canal cruise.  With the "Free (not so free) At Sea" we get 2 meals each.  Do we also get the 2 meals each because of Latitude status for a total of 4 meals?  Also, it says Sapphire level gets 15% off an internet package.  According to the reservation, with the Free At Sea 300 mins, I can upgrade to unlimited for $279.  Would I get $15% off that.  All these decisions 😁

12 minutes ago, Megamixer said:

We just booked a 17 night Panama Canal cruise.  With the "Free (not so free) At Sea" we get 2 meals each.  Do we also get the 2 meals each because of Latitude status for a total of 4 meals?  Also, it says Sapphire level gets 15% off an internet package.  According to the reservation, with the Free At Sea 300 mins, I can upgrade to unlimited for $279.  Would I get $15% off that.  All these decisions 😁

Free at Sea and Latitudes are totally unrelated, so yes you will get the two free at sea meals and your two latitudes ones.

I'm not sure regarding internet, but I think that the latitudes discount is only off of full price packages, rather than upgrades, which means that it isn't really a benefit with any value to people who have free at sea, so can upgrade from there. I could be wrong on that though.

Thank you, that's how I understood it from reading.  I was slightly confused because I didn't remember that from the transatlantic last spring but thinking back; I guess that transatlantic moved us up a level.

19 hours ago, Megamixer said:

Do we also get the 2 meals each because of Latitude status for a total of 4 meals?

you do get four "meals"... but that's two meals for two.

i usually travel solo on NCL, so i have no first hand experience with this, but i believe the sapphire meals are per cabin and not per person, even if you both have status.

so you will likely get two coupons, one good for a free meal for two and another good for a free meal for two with a bottle of wine.

1 hour ago, UKstages said:

you do get four "meals"... but that's two meals for two.

i usually travel solo on NCL, so i have no first hand experience with this, but i believe the sapphire meals are per cabin and not per person, even if you both have status.

so you will likely get two coupons, one good for a free meal for two and another good for a free meal for two with a bottle of wine.

The question was asking whether they get the two free at sea meals plus the two latitudes meals to make 4 in total.

2 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

The question was asking whether they get the two free at sea meals plus the two latitudes meals to make 4 in total.

perhaps.

respectfully, if i thought it was clear from the question asked and the answer given, i would not have commented.

the poster asked...

On 1/18/2024 at 4:39 PM, Megamixer said:

With the "Free (not so free) At Sea" we get 2 meals each.  Do we also get the 2 meals each because of Latitude status for a total of 4 meals? 

it's the word "each" from which i inferred that the poster was talking about each of the guests in the cabin receiving status meals... ...  "do we also get the 2 meals each because of Latitude status for a total of 4 meals?" i inferred that "two meals each because of latitude status" meant the poster was expecting two coupons per elite status guest in the cabin. and they both apparently have the same status. in addition to the FAS meals, the poster is inquiring about 2 meals each because of latitudes status.

and while all platinum or sapphire or diamond meals are because of latitudes status, it's unclear what the poster meant because there are two issues being conflated at once. how many meals a passenger gets to eat vs how many they are given. words like "both" and "each" are very confusing when you're talking about latitudes coupons because both people get to eat, but they don't both get a coupon and yet each has two latitudes meals... because they are using each coupon to dine together.  if it weren't confusing people would not return to the forum over and over again to ask the same question.

42 minutes ago, UKstages said:

perhaps.

respectfully, if i thought it was clear from the question asked and the answer given, i would not have commented.

the poster asked...

it's the word "each" from which i inferred that the poster was talking about each of the guests in the cabin receiving status meals... ...  "do we also get the 2 meals each because of Latitude status for a total of 4 meals?" i inferred that "two meals each because of latitude status" meant the poster was expecting two coupons per elite status guest in the cabin. and they both apparently have the same status. in addition to the FAS meals, the poster is inquiring about 2 meals each because of latitudes status.

and while all platinum or sapphire or diamond meals are because of latitudes status, it's unclear what the poster meant because there are two issues being conflated at once. how many meals a passenger gets to eat vs how many they are given. words like "both" and "each" are very confusing when you're talking about latitudes coupons because both people get to eat, but they don't both get a coupon and yet each has two latitudes meals... because they are using each coupon to dine together.  if it weren't confusing people would not return to the forum over and over again to ask the same question.

I think I'll just eat at the buffet so as not to confuse anyone 😂

perhaps.

the poster asked...

Whatever. His question seemed very very clear to me.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Haha 1

perhaps.

the poster asked...

The question was crystal clear, you just had to try to muck it up