Schedule for quest speakers - overview?

Germancruiser

26 minutes ago, Germancruiser said:

Hi all Cunard fans. I know there was site ( Link)  where all the quest speakers for the ongoing year were listed. I sadly can not find it. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sadly there is no such master list of guest speakers anymore that I know of. There is the "Guest speakers" page on the Cunard website found here.

https://www.cunard.com/en-us/the-cunard-experience/guestspeakers.guestSpeakers

About all you'll find on that page at the moment are the speakers for next year's Literature Festival at Sea, the Beatles and Beyond cruise, and one of the Alaska cruises.

There is also this "Events cruises" page where you can find out about some of the speakers for those particular voyages.

https://www.cunard.com/en-us/cruise-types/event-cruises

There is also this separate "Alaska guest speakers" page.

https://www.cunard.com/en-us/cruise-destinations/alaska/alaska-guest-speakers

Occasionally it's possible to learn about notable guest speakers through Cunard press releases. But in general there is nowhere to find a master list of the speakers for most voyages anymore that I've been able to find.

• Like 4

Thank you very much bluemarble. I feared as much. It was nice and convieniend to see afore to which lecturer one could look forward to.

Bill Miller is always a must- when he is on board. One could almost say a Ocean Liner - Legend in himself and nice to chat to also.

Thanks again for your help.

1 hour ago, Germancruiser said:

Bill Miller is always a must- when he is on board. One could almost say a Ocean Liner - Legend in himself and nice to chat to also.

Even Bill Miller's schedule isn't available online anymore that I can find. He used to post his schedule on the "Bill Miller at Sea" website. But the "Recent & Upcoming Cruises" page on that site no longer lists his schedule. He has been on several Cunard voyages since the restart of operations including the November QM2 Caribbean cruise we were on. It is indeed always a treat to attend his talks.

• Like 1

On the QM2 Christmas cruise there were 4 Insights speakers. 3 of them held little interest for me - sorry can't recall their names without looking at the daily programme - a lady racing driver, a military music historian and an American economist/analyst. I did attend all the talks by Doug Burgess, an American university professor who spoke informatively & entertainingly on the subject of piracy in the 17th & 18th centuries.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/13/2023 at 1:02 PM, steve4031 said:

As a first timer I would definitely enjoy a talk about the differences between the QM2 and a regular cruise ship.  

I agree! What makes it an ocean liner? 

23 hours ago, TV Dad said:

I agree! What makes it an ocean liner? 

Stephen Payne, the QM2 designer, was a guest speaker on one of our trips. Great presentation.

If you're interested in that specific question, the following is an interview with him that explains what makes her a liner:

https://gcaptain.com/queen-mary-stephen-payne-naval-architect/

Edited by ExArkie
remove erroneous link
  • Like 1