Issue re Arrival Time Selection - Majestic

We are boarding Majestic Princess in Brisbane 27th February. Having trouble selecting boarding time on App. Previous 4 cruises on Princess I could do 59 days before cruise. This time, when I select arrivals, it just comes up with a little box that says come back closer to sailing date. 

Interestingly, when I select my following cruise in March on Grand Princess, it shows 'Early, Mid, Late ' fields but obviously still zero groups as more than 60 days away. For any of my Majestic cruises, this screen doesn't show - just straight to little pop up box saying to come back closer to sailing date.

Has anyone had this issue, or been successful in booking arrival time in Brisbane for this cruise?

I think this is due to the cruise originating in Sydney on 24th February, and just being a "port day" on that itinerary. There will only be a partial turnover of passengers, with those doing Syd-Bris as a 3 nighter disembarking, and those starting from Brisbane for the hybrid itinerary embarking. It should be an easy embarkation and could just be open boarding with check-in from around 11am.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a cruise on Grand Princess departing 8th March and it has disappeared from my Medallion App.  When I try to add it I get the message that it can't find the cruise.  Been like this for about 6 weeks.  Was there at one stage.

It still appears on my profile on the computer and is fully paid for.  I told my PCP about it and he couldn't work it out so forwarded the problem to the Medallion people but so far no solution.

Guess I might just have to rock up with paperwork and go in the blue lane.  Without the app I can't choose boarding time.  Anyone else had this problem?

It is the first part of a B2B cruise and the second cruise is there.  grrrr

2 hours ago, Ondine said:

I've got a cruise on Grand Princess departing 8th March and it has disappeared from my Medallion App.  When I try to add it I get the message that it can't find the cruise.  Been like this for about 6 weeks.  Was there at one stage.

It still appears on my profile on the computer and is fully paid for.  I told my PCP about it and he couldn't work it out so forwarded the problem to the Medallion people but so far no solution.

Guess I might just have to rock up with paperwork and go in the blue lane.  Without the app I can't choose boarding time.  Anyone else had this problem?

It is the first part of a B2B cruise and the second cruise is there.  grrrr

Usually a B2B merges into one cruise on the app, but it seems unusual that the 2nd one is visible instead of the first.

23 hours ago, arxcards said:

Usually a B2B merges into one cruise on the app, but it seems unusual that the 2nd one is visible instead of the first.

The first B2B in November only had the first leg listed.  Caused problems when the complimentary dining for the second leg was used when booking prior to the first leg.  Got this finally sorted out on board.  The accounts were rolled over into one cruise again causing problems.  What they see onboard is not what we see on the medallion app but it is what it is.  However unless they can fix it I will just have to rock up with paper work in hand.

2 hours ago, Ondine said:

The first B2B in November only had the first leg listed.  Caused problems when the complimentary dining for the second leg was used when booking prior to the first leg.  Got this finally sorted out on board.  The accounts were rolled over into one cruise again causing problems.  What they see onboard is not what we see on the medallion app but it is what it is.  However unless they can fix it I will just have to rock up with paper work in hand.

Good Luck.

Just now, Ondine said:

I have done that a couple of times but no success.  Just have to wing it if it can't be fixed.

Just wing it. It only takes a few minutes longer during check-in. I had three days between cruises last year and no way was the app going to wake up to the fact that I wasn't still onboard or something. The website version acknowledged me after two days so I could update a couple of things but the app just wouldn't work. I printed out the travel summary and waved that under the nose of anyone who wanted to see what my app said. Luckily we're Elite so that smoothed the path a little.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ondine said:

I have done that a couple of times but no success.  Just have to wing it if it can't be fixed.

I am not aware of any success coming from deleting and re-installing the app. Most of the issues stem from the data that sits on Princess servers, so nothing changes by re-installing.

The PCP's can refer it to have it sorted. We have had cruises that wouldn't add to the app and they were resolved via their online chat, which is more of a helpdesk person than a booking person.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, arxcards said:

I am not aware of any success coming from deleting and re-installing the app. Most of the issues stem from the data that sits on Princess servers, so nothing changes by re-installing.

The PCP's can refer it to have it sorted. We have had cruises that wouldn't add to the app and they were resolved via their online chat, which is more of a helpdesk person than a booking person.

My app previously would never let me get to the screen to choose boarding time, everything else was fine, green all the way.  I deleted and re-installed it and it now works fine.

• Like 2