Southampton question

dizzneebabe

Yes, if memory serves me, the terminal name is Ocean Crise Terminal.  Can’t address the lack of showing the sailing.  

we stayed at the Holiday Inn which gave us an ocean view, a nice little onsite restaurant and a shopping center close by for last minute items.   A cab drive was less than 10 minutes away.   That was unsolicited but thought I’d throw it in.  

enjoy your cruise.

1 hour ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Yes, if memory serves me, the terminal name is Ocean Crise Terminal.  Can’t address the lack of showing the sailing.  

we stayed at the Holiday Inn which gave us an ocean view, a nice little onsite restaurant and a shopping center close by for last minute items.   A cab drive was less than 10 minutes away.   That was unsolicited but thought I’d throw it in.  

enjoy your cruise.

Thank you! Much appreciated!

2 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

enjoy your cruise.

How did you get there from LHR?

Folks, the British Isles forum here on CC has a wealth of info re hotels in Southampton, getting to Southampton from London or Heathrow, where the cruise terminals are located, etc.  All of these topics are regularly discussed there and questions answered. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/148-british-isleswestern-europe/

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dizzneebabe said:

Sailing on the Getaway out of Southampton. Where is the cruise terminal? Trying to plan the best route from London. A Google search comes up with Ocean Cruise Terminal, but their schedule doesn't show any NCL ships.

Thanks!

NCL is now at the new Horizon port. Very close to several hotels but I personally would not walk it, especially in the  rain with luggage.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

I live 20 minutes from the terminal.

I would advise Natinal Express coach from Heathrow (LHR) or train from Gatwick.
Either way they terminate at the same place which is a very short way from the Ocean Terminal, while it is walkable I would advise a cab or UBER which should be a £10 fare.

19 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

From LHR to Southampton the 2 main public transport options are:-

Take the Tube to Central London and get a Train from Waterloo Station 

or 

Use the National Express Bus Service .They operate direct services from LHR to Southampton and can be booked in advance on line. The National Express Bus Terminal in Southampton is close to the cruise terminals . 

Obviously a private transfer is also an option.  

I Hope that helps

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ziggyuk said:

I live 20 minutes from the terminal.

I would advise Natinal Express coach from Heathrow (LHR) or train from Gatwick.
Either way they terminate at the same place which is a very short way from the Ocean Terminal, while it is walkable I would advise a cab or UBER which should be a £10 fare.

Thank you! Is there a reasonable, basic hotel that is in walking distance? (don't mind walking & will only have carryon)I don't nee anything fancy, just a bed & private bath. 

12 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Thank you! Is there a reasonable, basic hotel that is in walking distance? (don't mind walking & will only have carryon)I don't nee anything fancy, just a bed & private bath. 

There is an Ibis and an Ibis Budget on West Quay Road right opp the cruise termainal and very close to the coach station, either sould be inexpensive and ideally located.
There are several hotels on West  Quay Road from budget to luxury and any along that road would be ideal.

3 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

There is an Ibis and an Ibis Budget on West Quay Road right opp the cruise termainal and very close to the coach station, either sould be inexpensive and ideally located.
There are several hotels on West  Quay Road from budget to luxury and any along that road would be ideal.

OK great. I'll look at those. Also saw the Roost & The Grapes if you are familiar with those.

10 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

OK great. I'll look at those. Also saw the Roost & The Grapes if you are familiar with those.

I am not familar with either of those, they are rooms above bars so more of a guest house than a hotel.

Just now, ziggyuk said:

I am not familar with either of those, they are rooms above bars so more of a guest house than a hotel.

OK, thank you. They're $68 per night for one so the price is right! The Ibis budget isn't much more than that. I sort of like quirky, old, one off places. Your advice is very helpful! 

9 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

OK, thank you. They're $68 per night for one so the price is right! The Ibis budget isn't much more than that. I sort of like quirky, old, one off places. Your advice is very helpful! 

Yes the Ibis will be very modern, clean and basic..... a safe but simple room.
The Bars will be old buildings with rooms run by the bar owners and as you say quirky & certainly some history.

Depending what berth you will have at the cruise terminal those bars could be a bit of a walk. It can berth at anything between 46 and 101, if your ship berths down around 46 it will be fine.

https://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_Ship_Schedule/

24 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Yes the Ibis will be very modern, clean and basic..... a safe but simple room.
The Bars will be old buildings with rooms run by the bar owners and as you say quirky & certainly some history.

Depending what berth you will have at the cruise terminal those bars could be a bit of a walk. It can berth at anything between 46 and 101, if your ship berths down around 46 it will be fine.

https://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_Ship_Schedule/

Thank you! A great source of info! My cruise isn't till October 12 so it's not on here yet but this will help immensely. I can figure out which is closer as the schedule gets filled in. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, victory2020 said:

We rented a car and driver.   We have done National Express bus in the past which was fine, but this time we decided to splurge.  Our door to door cost was $140 US.  
if you go to www.londontoolkit.com. There is a huge amount of information about darn near everything.   We found our driver thru a site that was something like chaufferit.com.   
but of course, the boards onCC are always a great source of information, as someone else very widely suggested.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Folks, the British Isles forum here on CC has a wealth of info re hotels in Southampton, getting to Southampton from London or Heathrow, where the cruise terminals are located, etc.  All of these topics are regularly discussed there and questions answered. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/148-british-isleswestern-europe/

Thank you! I had no idea! Will pop over there now!

• Like 1