Allure Galveston Terminal 10 Parking

JDPCruisers

We're a month away from the Allure for a 7 day and question for those that have parked at the terminal, any pro's and con's? We reserved in the North lot (guess the North garage was sold out as it was not an option on the website). Appreciate any insight on the terminal parking and the terminal itself as this will be out first time in the new terminal. We're Diamond + in a suite so take it separate line/waiting area as in the other RC terminals?

Thanks and yes, you're right, covered parking and not a garage.

Curious, did you drop off luggage at the porter and then parked or parked and walked luggage to the porter?

How did you find the new terminal, convenient as well?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JDPCruisers said:

Thanks and yes, you're right, covered parking and not a garage.

Curious, did you drop off luggage at the porter and then parked or parked and walked luggage to the porter?

How did you find the new terminal, convenient as well?

Yes, we drove up to the terminal and dropped luggage with porter, then parked and walked back. The walk was easy. We walked with our luggage when we returned.

The new terminal is beautiful. It was not crowded when we arrived (1:30 arrival time), and we breezed right through and were on the ship in no time. This was on Adventure at Thanksgiving.

• Like 2

Question about reserving parking in the North, South, or Pier 14 lot(s).  When you make the reservation, do they charge your credit card right away?  I assume they do but I just want to know for sure.  If so, do they charge you for the entire anticipated cruise time, for one night, etc?. 

38 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Question about reserving parking in the North, South, or Pier 14 lot(s).  When you make the reservation, do they charge your credit card right away?  I assume they do but I just want to know for sure.  If so, do they charge you for the entire anticipated cruise time, for one night, etc?. 

I booked 1/1/23 for 2/5/23-2/12/23. I was charged full amount immediately. Shows up as "Galveston Wharves".

When booking it is listed as one price for your particular cruise, not per day btw.

I booked North lot uncovered btw. I just reserved under the wire with a coupon code that's since expired.

W/o coupon we may have used our regular lot Lighthouse parking with covered spot, high ground. We're giving POG North Lot a try this time around. 

Edited by YadaYadaJodi
Addl details.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We have now parked at:

*North Lot Premium Covered - Fantastic and were literally steps away from the terminal so walked our luggage over to the drop off area and was even nicer when we got back.  

*North Lot - Still great, I got dropped off with all our luggage, took our bags to the drop off area and then waited while my husband parked and walked to the terminal.

*South Lot - Also still great parking and same as last time I got dropped off with luggage while he parked and then walked to the terminal.  I think this lot may have a shuttle but it wasn't necessary for us.  Upon return I waited with luggage while he walked to our vehicle then he came and picked me an luggage up.

While it is more expensive than our usual of EZ Cruise, and honestly not that much more, the convince and zero hassle make it worth it for us.  Make sure to sign up for their loyalty program and sign in to it before booking it helps to save on the next booking and so on.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CruiseMomTX said:

We have now parked at:

*North Lot Premium Covered - Fantastic and were literally steps away from the terminal so walked our luggage over to the drop off area and was even nicer when we got back.  

*North Lot - Still great, I got dropped off with all our luggage, took our bags to the drop off area and then waited while my husband parked and walked to the terminal.

*South Lot - Also still great parking and same as last time I got dropped off with luggage while he parked and then walked to the terminal.  I think this lot may have a shuttle but it wasn't necessary for us.  Upon return I waited with luggage while he walked to our vehicle then he came and picked me an luggage up.

While it is more expensive than our usual of EZ Cruise, and honestly not that much more, the convince and zero hassle make it worth it for us.  Make sure to sign up for their loyalty program and sign in to it before booking it helps to save on the next booking and so on.

thanks for information and observations. 

I am still curious about traffic patterns.  Assume going to North or North Covered, you make that right turn onto RC Circle.  If you don't have bags to drop, do you still have to wait thru traffic doing so?  Or can you enter the lots from the "west" side?  Always looks to be cones there, and the only entrance is on the "east" side from RC Way...?

If you stay to the right lane while on RC Circle, can you bypass luggage unloaders?