Cooking class wait lists

travellgirl

Good Afternoon. 

we are sailing on the Riveria in February, 

This is our first cruise on Oceania. 
I made all our specialty restaurant reservations on the first day we were able to. 
I did not realize that I could have made the cooking class reservations much earlier and as a result, missed out on all of them. I did put our name on the waitlist for each one. What has anyones’ experience been with  being on the waitlist?  I wanted to do one on my birthday, which is a sea day, but will be happy with any one of them . 
Thank you for any information. 

1 minute ago, travellgirl said:

Good Afternoon. 

we are sailing on the Riveria in February, 

This is our first cruise on Oceania. 
I made all our specialty restaurant reservations on the first day we were able to. 
I did not realize that I could have made the cooking class reservations much earlier and as a result, missed out on all of them. I did put our name on the waitlist for each one. What has anyones’ experience been with  being on the waitlist?  I wanted to do one on my birthday, which is a sea day, but will be happy with any one of them . 
Thank you for any information. 

Most likely, you are SOL. But, sometimes classes will be added and an enrollee in an existing class may want to drop out. You’ll just have to check regularly with the instructor once onboard (besides being on the wait list).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Most likely, you are SOL. But, sometimes classes will be added and an enrollee in an existing class may want to drop out. You’ll just have to check regularly with the instructor once onboard (besides being on the wait list).

Thank you. I figured that was probably the case. 
I will  check when we are on board and maybe ask the butler to keep of top of it if possible.  

41 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Do you know how soon prior to the  cruise they open sign-ups?

We signed  on embarkation day  for a couple   we did get  in one  a few days later

people get busy & change their minds  on doing the class

Sea day may be an issue  but we have done the later one on a port day about 4 pm I think it was

Just do not plan on having a big dinner that night 😉

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

Do you know how soon prior to the  cruise they open sign-ups?

as soon as you see them in your account  on Oceania website  ...you have to pay at the time of booking

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

as soon as you see them in your account  on Oceania website  ...you have to pay at the time of booking

Thank you very much, we’ll start checking for when sign up opens.  My husband is Chinese and would love to do the Red Ginger class if it’s still being offered.

4 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Thank you very much, we’ll start checking for when sign up opens.  My husband is Chinese and would love to do the Red Ginger class if it’s still being offered.

When is your cruise?

I am thinking they were listed 6 to 9 mths from sailing 

but who know these days

we enjoyed them 

On. Marina now and we just completed our first culinary class onboard ever. A great experience. Sad to say that some people have booked many classes and others cannot book one. This happened in the Artists loft too. Some people booking lots of free classes so others have no way of getting access. Maybe they should limit to one of each per person?? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janecambridge said:

On. Marina now and we just completed our first culinary class onboard ever. A great experience. Sad to say that some people have booked many classes and others cannot book one. This happened in the Artists loft too. Some people booking lots of free classes so others have no way of getting access. Maybe they should limit to one of each per person?? 

Are the Culinary class now free?

I agree with the Artist Loft  they should  limit  the number you can take  similar to the Specialty dining  or charge a fee for the classes

JMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dock said:

This may seem like a silly question to many, but where would I find the Culinary Classes listed in my booking , Dining , Other Options , Excursions? 

Thanks. 

Not a silly question to me, I’ve been looking myself.  I’m going to call Juan at Oceania in a little while as I’ve got a few other questions for him as well.  I’ll post here after I speak with him.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, janecambridge said:

No LHT28, culinary  classes are paid for (unless you have a large obc) and artist loft is free. But yes, I believe it should be limited. 

Thanks   I was not sure if they reverted back to paying for the classes  now

Yes the Artist loft  has always been a problem unless you want to sit there  at the crack of dawn to get a seat for the day