Cheers drinks package

cruise pup

I decided to order this for my upcoming 5-night cruise. The cruise is $85/day. The drinks package is $70/day with gratuities added on. As my boss used to say, "Cheap is dear." On my recent Princess cruise they charged $50,/day for their package which also included WiFi with streaming and tips. So Carnival isn't always a bargain. When I did the math, 2 coffees, 3 mixed drinks and 3 glasses of wine will easily come to $70 when you add in gratuities, so it still is woth the money. And I didn't even think of bottled water. But that Princess package was an incredible deal. And WiFi on Carnival will not stream music so I wouldn't bother but that would really make the Princess package a sweetheart deal. I guess that's one of the reasons why I have 2:future bookings with Princess and none with Carnival.

3 hours ago, cruise pup said:

I decided to order this for my upcoming 5-night cruise. The cruise is $85/day. The drinks package is $70/day with gratuities added on. As my boss used to say, "Cheap is dear." On my recent Princess cruise they charged $50,/day for their package which also included WiFi with streaming and tips. So Carnival isn't always a bargain. When I did the math, 2 coffees, 3 mixed drinks and 3 glasses of wine will easily come to $70 when you add in gratuities, so it still is woth the money. And I didn't even think of bottled water. But that Princess package was an incredible deal. And WiFi on Carnival will not stream music so I wouldn't bother but that would really make the Princess package a sweetheart deal. I guess that's one of the reasons why I have 2:future bookings with Princess and none with Carnival.

Are you a shill for princess?

7 hours ago, cruise pup said:

guess we lost a carnival cruiser, there will be another that will come along.

16 hours ago, jonboy9756 said:

Curious, how much is the Princess fare per day?

$127/day (including taxes and fees) for a single balcony L126.. Plus a $250. on board credit. To the person who asked. No, I am not a shill  I have taken many more Carnival cruises than Princess. So excuse me for alerting my fellow cruisers that there are better offers out there. And to the wisenheimer who made the obnoxious crack, I most likely will be back on Carnival. Especially if they offer me some more free cruises (got 3 so far). Some people need to validate their choices by belittling everyone else's. That person must be foaming at the mouth seeing the rates I got 

24 minutes ago, cruise pup said:

$127/day (including taxes and fees) for a single balcony L126.. Plus a $250. on board credit. To the person who asked. No, I am not a shill  I have taken many more Carnival cruises than Princess. So excuse me for alerting my fellow cruisers that there are better offers out there. And to the wisenheimer who made the obnoxious crack, I most likely will be back on Carnival. Especially if they offer me some more free cruises (got 3 so far). Some people need to validate their choices by belittling everyone else's. That person must be foaming at the mouth seeing the rates I got 

Are there people who don’t know there are other cruise lines and other offers? Also, deals are pretty individualized, so not sure how stating your specific deal helps anyone else. To recap, you got a great deal on Princess and are taking advantage of it. Very smart.